Rambo (2008)

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

From what I saw of the trailer for this new Rambo flick, it's gonna be full of gratuitous violence, and extreme gore. I'm totally looking forward to seeing it! I expect it to be really stupid in the plot and acting department. But to see a guy explode after being shot by a 50 calibre gun by Rambo, plus a decapitation or two, will make it worth seeing! :)

KFS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also said this Rambo installment has the biggest body count out of the series at a whopping 236 deaths!!!

kungfusamurai

Yeah baby! I hope there's some topless females (I don't mean decapitations) to kick it up a notch. Yes ladies, I am a pig.... :)

KFS

froffeecoffee

All I can say is WOW!!! :eek: Rambo is bloody Awesome!!! I'm telling you this movie is gonna make a million dollars. :P But seriously the audience was cheering and at the end clapping. The Burmese villians were really evil and when Rambo went ballistic on them you just had to cheer. Without a doubt, a great flick.

kungfusamurai

I went to see it today and I thought it was pretty good. The first half of the film is definitely a chore to sit through. Don't go expecting to hear great quality dialogue or see great acting. The second half of the film, and especially the big finale, is worth sitting through the first half.

The theatre wasn't packed, but as far as I could tell, no-one walked out of the film. I laughed at some parts that weren't supposed to be funny, and found other parts a little too disturbing (like showing the killing of kids - I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing that on screen).

The ending is especially touching, and I think it's open for another sequel! ;)

My only complaint is why did Rambo bother with botox injections out there in the jungle? :)

KFS

kungfusamurai

Oh yeah, I wanted to compile a list of villains I would love to see Rambo take on. I think Stallone could make it work!

1. Predator

2. Alien

3. Jason from Friday 13th

4. The Daleks

5. An evil Terminator

6. Bolo Yeung

7. Gene Hackman

8. The Borg

9. Nazi Germany

10. Pei Mei

I just saw it ant I thought it was a solid actioner. Agree with what most of you guys said. Sly gave great interview on Savage Nation about it. Rambo is refreshing because all the movies that pass as action (in Hollywood) is crap. Sly, that's a man's action hero, not some feminized girly man.

kungfusamurai

Yes, it was so refreshing to see an action film that wasn't sanitized for a young teen (i.e. PG-13) audience. It's like the action films of the late 80s to early 90s, where there was plenty of blood and gore and no kids allowed! :)

I should also add that previously, I wasn't a huge fan of CGI gore. I thought it looked fake, especially when I saw it in Blade (Blade 2?) or one of those action films. But they made it look quite realistic in this flick. There are some moments that look obviously computer generated, but overall, it's gore that would have made Tom Savini proud.

KFS

Chinatown Kid

I saw in the Charles Bronson thread that it's rumored Stallone wants to star in a Death Wish remake, that would be interesting to see....

I saw in the Charles Bronson thread that it's rumored Stallone wants to star in a Death Wish remake, that would be interesting to see....

Sly himself said that he wants to do it.

Sly himself said that he wants to do it.

Supposedly, it's a go. That's terrible news. DEATH WISH doesn't need a remake much less one by Stallone. Why not just release the uncut version of his DEATH WISH styled NIGHTHAWKS (1981)?

Righteous Master

Stallone is cool and has always been one of my favorite action stars of all time, but he is getting old now and I believe he is going through some sort of mid-life crisis.

Chinatown Kid

Stallone is getting on up there in age now and probably looking for alot less physically demanding roles, even though Death Wish has action it's mostly from just firing a gun and considered more of a suspense. The role would probably be more of an acting challenge to him as will, I'd like to see Stallone have a chance to do this and see how it turns out.:cool:

Sly can act, just watch him in Nighthawks, F.I.S.T., First Blood and CopLand (I haven't seen it, but I heard he gives a solid performance)

Supposedly, it's a go. That's terrible news. DEATH WISH doesn't need a remake much less one by Stallone. Why not just release the uncut version of his DEATH WISH styled NIGHTHAWKS (1981)?

there is absolutely nothing similar about these two movies except that they both take place in new york in the 70s

Sorry, but it reminds me a lot of DEATH WISH and the sequels. Guess you could say it has more in common with DIRTY HARRY but I'm not a big DH fan.

OK back to the Rambo topic I just finished watching it tonight and all I can say was TOTALLY AWESOME! this was a Great Flick and I don't think the beginning was too slow it had a good storyline and it built up to the Jungle fight scenes, this was a very realistic movie as far the killings Very Raw & Brutal.

Stallone topped himself with this movie.

kungfusamurai

The gore in this film makes the Wakayama Baby Cart movies look like Disney flicks. Too bad it's dropping down the box office placings very quickly. It'll probably be out of the theatres in a couple of weeks.

KFS

daisho2004

9-12 Minutes really isn't a lot to make me buy a Director's Cut, if it had 20minutes or more than I would say yes.

Guest Markgway

9 mins is quite a lot of additional footage for a film that ran under 80 sans credits.

Besides it's quality not quantity that counts.

OldPangYau
9 mins is quite a lot of additional footage for a film that ran under 80 sans credits.

Besides it's quality not quantity that counts.

That sums it up right there. Plus, aside from adding stuff back in, apparently some minor trims have been made to the "less than stellar" CG effects and some shots have apparently been re-arranged.

Archived