Delightful Forest

razorclam

Linn,

Do have any inside information on BCI or Media Blasters obtaining the rights to The Delightful Forest? I recently started buying IVL Shaws after a 2 year hiatus, and this was one that I really enjoyed. The solo exploits of the Water Margin heroes seem to be closer to the book. I really don't care for All Men are Brothers because it is EXTREMELY inaccurate to the book.

Iron_Leopard

Why is this movie so damn good??

I just watched it for first time and was blown away. What other movies does Wu Song appear in?

Also after rewatching "The One Armed Swordsman" last night and seeing "The Delightful Forest" just now I'm starting to think that Chang Cheh (while clearly Shaws best Director) could have been as good as King Hu if he left the studio also. 

As good as his movies are with the time constraint forcing him to make 5 movies a year I'd be willing to bet he could be King Hu level with full creative control and as much times as he needed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

What other movies does Wu Song appear in?

Tiger Killer which is the prequel to Delightful Forest.

Then that is followed by The Water Margin and it sequel All Men Are Brothers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Wish this would get a decent english friendly blu.My wellgo disc is knackered.

I have this one, I'll try to watch it and tell you if it plays well...when my vlc will obey me and agree to play region 3 dvds on my ubuntu system, because it seems that I lost my windows system on my computer !! :monk_crying::bs_firey:

• Like 3