Chiba, Kitano and More Coming From BCI

gfanikf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you BCI for Karate Wars and Judo Duel! Good to see a couple rare Japanese martial arts films finally getting released. And Fighting Fists, isn't that the HK movie (early 90's) Chiba was in? That might be a pleasant surprise. They're also releasing a couple Kihachi Okamoto movies, whose work is always good. All around awesome news.

Thank you BCI for Karate Wars and Judo Duel! Good to see a couple rare Japanese martial arts films finally getting released.

Never heard of either, what are they?

Japanese martial arts films from the 70's. At least I know Karate wars is, not 100% sure about Judo Duel. Could Judo Duel be an aka for Judo Showdown or Judo For Life? Linn knows more about this subject than I do, but apart from the Chiba films, there were a lot of Judo/karate movies made in Japan back then yet very few are available today.

Awesome! Finally rare japanese movies will be released! Karate Wars & Soul of Chiba is really interesting.. BCI, i love you! =)

Japanese martial arts films from the 70's. At least I know Karate wars is, not 100% sure about Judo Duel. Could Judo Duel be an aka for Judo Showdown or Judo For Life? Linn knows more about this subject than I do, but apart from the Chiba films, there were a lot of Judo/karate movies made in Japan back then yet very few are available today.

I've been trying to track down some non-chiba karate movies for ages now, and got nowhere so far with the exception of the Sister Streetfighter series. Very excited for these.

I've been trying to track down some non-chiba karate movies for ages now, and got nowhere so far with the exception of the Sister Streetfighter series. Very excited for these.

Then you will be really excited, as both are VERY good karate/judo films. I'm pretty sure Judo Duel is Judo Showdown BTW.

Archived