Best Choreographed Fighting

Jstn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

No Bus it's not Robert Tai who played the blond guy with the cape I was talking about but the guy he fights after him when the mission is all over and he is standing with the old man he helped break out of the fort. You wouldn't happen to know his name would you? This guy also played one of the teachers that taught the star in Daggers 8. He also played the main star that fought HJL in the finale of Angry Young Man.

i don't remember him being in daggers 8 and angry young man alan hsu who played shorty was in all three of those movies

I love all the ones previously mentioned and they are all up there, I would add:

The end fight of Legendary weapons of China, some of the most intricate weapons fighting ever between Lau Kar Leung and Lau Kar Wing, and every classical Chinese weapon used by LKL.

The fights in My Young Auntie, more Pops genius!

All fights in Shaolin Prince, Tang Chia greatness.

will91XingYu

Hey Chinatown Kid, it's Alan Hsu he fights at the very end, Wong Chi Sang fights Alexander Lo Rei earlier on in the movie. Ricky Cheng is also in this! This film had such a great cast! The guy who played shorty is called Chin Lung he is a crzy acrobat, Chin Lung is in Ninja in the Dragon's Den, Attack of the Joyfull Goddess and Leg Fighters. Alan Hsu is in Last Hero of China, Rebelliouse Reign and Kung fu vs Yoga. Wilson Tong and Alan Hsus fight in Daggers 8 is a crazy shapes fest!

i had originaly posted alan hsu but i messaged somebody and they said it was chi sang wong so i edited it.. haha should've went with my answer

ironfistedmonk

Alan Hsu is the dogs bollox, the first film I really noticed him in was War of the Shaolin Temple where he was the main villain, the guy has some mad skills and is very under-rated IMO. Wong Chi Sang is pretty good too but is nearly always a villains lackey and gets killed off way too early for my liking.

Alan Hsu is the dogs bollox, the first film I really noticed him in was War of the Shaolin Temple where he was the main villain, the guy has some mad skills and is very under-rated IMO. Wong Chi Sang is pretty good too but is nearly always a villains lackey and gets killed off way too early for my liking.

I completely agree with you mate....fantastic choreographed fighter. I always liked him!

Alan Hsu is wild. I hadn't seen much of him other than in Last Hero In China and more recently 7 Grandmasters. I kept looking for "Alan Chui" on youtube, with little results. I had no idea he had such acrobatic skills. Looks like peking/taiwan opera moves, and he's definately high end.

Morgoth Bauglir

Alan Hsu puts in so many extra movements when he fights. Such a beautiful thing to watch. And he was good in modern stuff too like Angel Terminators.

And Wong Chi Sang is no slouch either. He puts on GREAT fighting performance in Bone Crushing Kid, and he seems to have the intro fight in a lot of movies. Shaolin vs Lama, Sixty Second Assassin, Crazy Guy with Super Kung Fu, Mystery of Chessboxing... And his brother Wong Wing Sang is also pretty high level. He's the guy who uses a pole to fight Ghostfaced Killer, and he played the Yoga guy in Master of the Flying Guillotine.

How about Billy Chong and Wong Ing Sik from Fistful of Talons? That was an absolutely crazy end fight.

:)

I have to agree Dragon...Chong vs. Hwang was very insane!!!

Speaking of Chong, I did like when he teamed up with Carl Scott to take on former kickboxing champion and now, teacher/promoter Louis Neglia in A Hard Way to Die.

I liked Alan Hsu and Chin Yuet-Sang vs. Dupar Singh in Kung Fu vs. Yoga...just the way Singh moves is just beyond insane!!!

Another fight I liked was Alexander Lo vs. Silvio Azzolini in Mafia vs. Ninja. I read that they shot the fight moving slow, then it was undercranked, but nevertheless, it just fit in. I recently learned that Azzolini lives in Texas and teaches martial arts.

I liked the opening fight of Shaolin Wooden Men, where Jackie Chan takes on five monks, each representing a different animal style.

Bruce Li vs. Kam Kong in Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger. It's probably the most I've actually seen Kam Kong use more kicking than other films.

I have many favorites but the one movie that causes my mouth to drop open whenever I view it is "The Odd Couple."

This is true. I get the same reaction each viewing as well. :)

Morgoth Bauglir

Bruce Li vs. Kam Kong in Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger. It's probably the most I've actually seen Kam Kong use more kicking than other films.

You should see LAdy Whirlwind and the Rangers. he "kicks" some serious ass in that one.

Morgoth Bauglir
This is true. I get the same reaction each viewing as well. :)

Is that why you used the constipated smilie face?:o

LOL just kidding my friend, I just hate these new smilies! Can't I get a non constipated smilie face?!

kungfuscreenerking

I am so suprised that no one even mentioned the loot and the challenger they are 2 of the best end fights scenes in the history of kung fu movies and thats no doubt.

I am so suprised that no one even mentioned the loot and the challenger they are 2 of the best end fights scenes in the history of kung fu movies and thats no doubt.

Spot on no question about the level on show in these- I suspect those 2 alone are responsible for the wearing out of many a rewind button!

some other contenders:

Encounter of the spooky kind

Buddhist Fist (not sure this has been mentioned but its a shapesfest)

The Victim- there are too many rewind fights in this!

Snake in the eagles shadow

Drunken Master

Fearless Hyena

Legend of a fighter

I liked Eagle Han against Wang Tao in Death Duel of Kung Fu. There's just something about Eagle Han's kicking in that film that just astounded me. He had a mean jumping roundhouse kick.

I also liked the choreography in The Leg Fighters. Tan Tao-Liang, Hsia Kwan-Li, Peng Kang, Chin Lung, and Sun Rong-Chi all were excellent in the film.

I have to admit, I do have a soft spot for the finale of the original Fearless Hyena. Jackie vs. Yen Shi-Kwan was a good choreographed fight IMO. When Jackie breaks out the "emotional kung fu" that just did it for me...was so reminiscent of the Eight Drunken Gods Art of Drunken Master plus I loved the training sequence when Jackie and his teacher train using the food.

Not sure if this one was mentioned, but the end of "Two on the Road" always got me going! Kar Yan & Phillip Ko vs. Wang Lung Wei.....sweet stuff!

Archived