The top three - bloodiest sb movies !!!

Chen Kuan Tai

Chen Kuan Tai

What do you think are the three bloodiest / most brutal sb movies?

My top 3:

New one armed Swordsman

Boxer from Shantung

Duel for Gold

There are a lot of bloody sb movies but I am wondering if there could really only one title which would be definite the hardest sb movie. Someone has an idea?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chen Kuan Tai
I'd say Five Elements Ninjas or Two Champions of Shaolin.

I must laugh, what is in these titles very bloody and brutal? It's standard little bloody martial arts in both, like the most venom movies.

of the shaw bros movies i have seen i would say BOXER FROM SHANTUNG--DUEL FOR GOLD--THE RESCUE---followed by others such as NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN ETC.

I must laugh, what is in these titles very bloody and brutal? It's standard little bloody martial arts in both, like the most venom movies.

Well, I suppose they're not all that bloody throughout the whole movies, but Five Element Ninjas had alot of limbs flying and even some guts hanging out. In Two Champions Of Shaolin Chiang Sheng rips the guy's balls off for example.

Chen Kuan Tai
Well, I suppose they're not all that bloody throughout the whole movies, but Five Element Ninjas had alot of limbs flying and even some guts hanging out. In Two Champions Of Shaolin Chiang Sheng rips the guy's balls off for example.

I own these two venom movies, I know. You see, they are only tough martial arts movies, more not if we talk about my subject "bloodiest sb movie". There are so many other sb flix with more blood and more brutal scenes. If we only wanted to talk about the bloodiest venom movie, I would say, it's Masked Avengers.

Hope, we will find the bloodiest and brutal sb movie in this thread, soon. :D:)

Vengeance

The Boxer from Shangtung

The Asssassin

The ending for The Assassin, where the hero ripped his own guts out and disfigured his face was pretty brutal, causing the guards to remark, "...he's ripped his guts out!" with total astonishment... and the screen goes dark when he disfigures his face.:D

Great stuff by Chang Cheh.

FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS is loaded with blood and gore and probably more than all the venom movies combined. MASKED AVENGERS is more violent than bloody and what gore there is doesn't really come until the end. Gluing a portion of a spear (or multiple spears) to a man's stomach doesn't equate to gore at least not to me.

Anyway, 5EN is so OTT, it's more comic book gore than anything else. If I were to pick one that was seriously dramatic and brutal at the same time, I'd say SECRET SERVICE OF THE IMPERIAL COURT (1984) or possibly ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS (1973) which I'd say was Chang Cheh's goriest movie he ever did.

Don't forget Golden Swallow, Venoms5. It seemed those earlier works of Chang had him breaking ground on the ways to depict violence in a thrilling, more realistic, theatrical manner. The final 25mins. of this film is worth a peek every time. I think here is where Jimmy Wang Yu discovered that mono character/persona he never deviated from.

Btw, the slow-mo effects are quite dramatic.

Yeah, I remember GOLDEN SWALLOW but I think BROTHERS has the edge over them all. You have the Wang Chung sequence which had severed limbs flying and mucho bloodletting. Ditto for the Chen Kuan Tai last stand where he shoved that guy UPWARDS onto a broken pole impaling him not to mention the gallons of the red stuff flying around. The opening battle featured lots of multiple impalements and creative uses for spiked gates as well as the vicious sequence where the husband and wife team paint an alley way red with some serious blood splattered sword and spear clashes. BROTHERS is consistently bloody. That's my vote for most gruesome serious Shaw production but there's so damn many Shaw movies that rain blood down on the actors that it would be near impossible narrowing this list down to just three.

nothing to think about- peringaten knows !!! ;)

Haha, yeah our Shaw Brother Peringaten did a body count on a bunch of movies for a thread, I think he had a clicker or something:p You can probably find it if you look back though the Shaw forum, a lot of the movies mentioned were up there but I think Heroic Ones hit #1 on the top kill list, at least the ones he was able to get to.

But just because you see a lot of guys being killed doesn't mean it's the bloodiest. There are a lot exploding condoms being tossed around though. I guess the bloodiest bit in HEROIC ONES would be the quartering scene and even this was done artistically and not tastelessly (not that there's anything wrong with that) like the ending of OATH OF DEATH (1971). I get tickled every time during that last shot!:D

Chen Kuan Tai
But just because you see a lot of guys being killed doesn't mean it's the bloodiest. There are a lot exploding condoms being tossed around though. I guess the bloodiest bit in HEROIC ONES would be the quartering scene and even this was done artistically and not tastelessly (not that there's anything wrong with that) like the ending of OATH OF DEATH (1971). I get tickled every time during that last shot!:D

Yes, you're right. I think Heroic Ones doesn't have the big bloody scenes for one of the hardest sb movies. I think, Duel for Gold is on maximum brutality, like Oath of Death (little less).

Think, there has to be someone who take a survey "which is the hardest sb movie". I am happy that there are so many good and bloody sb movies. :)

DUEL FOR GOLD is quite gory especially for Chu Yuan. For me though, it's ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS. Chang Cheh was having a field day splattering everybody on that one.

THE MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS

THE DEADLY DUO

HOUSE OF TRAPS

Thought I'd add a few that were not listed.

Over all I'd say!!

TRIPLE IRONS

SUPER NINJAS

MASKED AVENGERS:)

This is a very fun movie but I think it's nothing overly special and possesses none of Sun Chung's future attributes. This film could have been directed by anybody at Shaw but it is quite bloody, though. Love the nymphomaniacal female villain with the third eye in her forehead.

This is a very fun movie but I think it's nothing overly special and possesses none of Sun Chung's future attributes. This film could have been directed by anybody at Shaw but it is quite bloody, though. Love the nymphomaniacal female villain with the third eye in her forehead.
We must have watched a different movie.

Archived