Roar In The Woods surfaced (Charles Heung V Ninjas)

falkor

SYNOPSIS

Duel Of Boxers In The Wood aka Duel In The Woods is a very rare film that might not have been out on video. Duel At The Forest aka Forest Duel or Dragon Fury is a different film.

Duel Of Boxers In The Wood is an excellent mid-70s basher starring Heung Wah Keung. This is the first movie I saw that really featured "Ninjas" in the real sense before the 80's craze.

The plot is a bit vague but it is set in a village surrounded by a forest where mysterious things occur. We didn't even know those masked fighters were called ninjas at the time but the woods was infected by a cult in "black ninja regalia" who were very vicious. Heung Wah Keung the hero was lured into the woods for an unbelieveble showdown with the balaclava clad fighters for a duel that was superb for a mid-70s basher. The original poster is a sketch of Wah Keung's face on the left on a white background with another sketch of a masked Fighter's face on the right and above them a coloured photo shot of the woods with a fight scene.

By Umpha Koroma.

http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/titles/title2014.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOdLhrsoXDA

ritw1.jpg

ritw2.jpg

ritw3.jpg

ritw4.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is this for sale?

Nah mate; it's currently assigned to "holding back" status! :P A real rare basher mate... nobody is ready for this one, not even myself.

ah too bad eh?

Yeah! :mad: Maybe in 20 years time if I've made the effort to watch all other bashers then I might just allow myself to sit through this one... In the meantime, the archives is the best place for it. :)

Hey Falkor!!!!! I knew you'll find it.Great work.Do you believe me now? My memory is not too bad eh?

Umpha ( pronounced N'fa )Koroma also known as U S Koroma alias Kwok Choi

Cool.Thanks.Another challenge for you will be to find anything you can get hold of regarding the early 70s modern day basher Number X.Unfortunately I don't know the stars of this film or the company that made it.Saw it twice in cinemas when it was released.It has 2 heroes;one of them resembles Kam Kong but I don't think it is.This movie was very popular and did quite well but was never re-released.I don't even remember the plot which might have helped a bit but I do believe this film is on video somewhere with a different title.

tantao3-son of tantao2

hi falkor

some challenges for you:

60 Minutes To Terror,1973, Charles Heung, same director

The Iron Panther, Li Yi Min

Canton Cowboy, 1973

Archived