I need to watch this film TONIGHT!

falkor

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

Looks like some silly hijinks going on in that film. I'd be more interested in knowing how the action is and the title. :confused: The guy in that bottom pic is the guy that played the blind villain of the deaf/mute pair in Jade Claw.

Isn't this the one where the main villain uses a whip? If so, I used to have the Video Treasures tape. It had really very nice picture quality but was fullscreen though.

Chinatown Kid

Yikes! I just realized the guy in the first two pics is cutting the other guys tongue in half with a knife, when I first glanced at them the other day I thought the guy had a weenie or sausage in his mouth that the other guy cut lol. I'll have to take back the statement in my previous post of it looks like silly hijinks going on and change it to sadistic!:eek: So I guess this flick features a mute guy and a blind girl as the heroes going by the pics and title....

Those two guys team up together. They're real cripples. The guy with the knife has no legs and the other guy has just stubs for arms. One of his stubs has like a small piece of what is supposed to be an arm. He throws knives with his feet. The other guy gets around on a small cart. I have the first film with these guys but I don't think I have the TWO CRIPPLED HEROES anymore. They were also in another film with Sonny Yu. I don't remember the real name but it was released as RAIDERS OF WU TANG from you know who.

Here's the Ocean Shores tape...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Crippled-Heroes-VHS-Ocean-Shores-Video-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ130132709826QQcmdZViewItem

And here is the one I had. No cover art shown though. The SHAOLIN RED MASTER was a very, very nice print too.

http://search.a1books.com/cgi-bin/mktSearch?act=showDesc&code=gbase&rel=1&ITEM_CODE=013132928739

I'm only aware of the three films--THE CRIPPLED MASTERS, TWO CRIPPLED HEROES and the 24 BRONZE HORSES. I thought FIGHTING LIFE was an aka for CRIPPLED MASTERS, or is there a fourth film?

fighting life is the modern day movie they made , you have cripped masters and crippled heaven which the villian has a hunchback didnt they have a cameo in one of sonny yu movie was it 36 super kids ?

Here's the Ocean Shores tape...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Crippled-Heroes-VHS-Ocean-Shores-Video-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ130132709826QQcmdZViewItem

And here is the one I had. No cover art shown though. The SHAOLIN RED MASTER was a very, very nice print too.

http://search.a1books.com/cgi-bin/mktSearch?act=showDesc&code=gbase&rel=1&ITEM_CODE=013132928739

Hey great thx. I don't have a vhs player anymore however (altho i should get one and start transferring vhs to dvd since there seem to be many movies available on vhs that hasn't found their way to the digital age yet :). So there is a double feature with Shaolin Red Master/Two Crippled Heroes out on dvd? The second link implies that also but when you check the seller info it states it's a vhs.

And yeah. Fighting Life is a 4th movie played out in modern day as rdenn points out. It's available on the cheap Brentwood Kung Fu Crusade 10 movie collection. Quality is pretty decent too and it's presented in ~1.85:1. Also as a bonus you get a (cut) widescreen print of Kung Fu of 8 Drunkards with it (only one i've seen around), be that good or bad ;).

fighting life is the modern day movie they made , you have cripped masters and crippled heaven which the villian has a hunchback didnt they have a cameo in one of sonny yu movie was it 36 super kids ?

37 NINJA KIDS was the name but I don't remember the cripples in that one but I do remember that giant flying spin top!:)

So there is a double feature with Shaolin Red Master/Two Crippled Heroes out on dvd? The second link implies that also but when you check the seller info it states it's a vhs.

No, the double feature was a VHS. Unless someone else has transferred it to disc. I used to have it (the VHS) and sold it like an idiot. I had the other Video Treasures double features, too. There were 6 or 7 of them. They also release some earlier double features in yellow packaging that were titles from Saturn's library.

No, the double feature was a VHS. Unless someone else has transferred it to disc. I used to have it (the VHS) and sold it like an idiot. I had the other Video Treasures double features, too. There were 6 or 7 of them. They also release some earlier double features in yellow packaging that were titles from Saturn's library.

Cool beans. Thanks for the info. I might just get a decent enough vcr with some mastering possibilities (i've been offered one for merely the cost of overseas shipping) and get me a copy of this vhs :).

I am new to this forum, however, if you haven't gotten a correct answer by now, maybe I can be of help. There are 3 kung fu movies, all of which have the same cast (both crippled guys). The names of the movies are: 1)2 crippled heros (which is pictured above) 2)2 crippled masters 3)fighting for life. two crippled masters is the most popular one because that's the one that is readily available. the other you may have a hard time trying to find. Of all the 3 mentioned, I have only found 2 crippled maters on dvd. If you can find the other two on DVD, please let me know when and where you found them.

Guest Markgway

I saw one of the Crippled Heroes movies on TV back in the 90s. I think Chen Chia Kai played the villain. I wasn't sure whether to be impressed by the crippled blokes' skills or feel guilty for watching them being exploited. I ended up with both. The funny looking guy in the bottom image is Tai Sai Ngan - a regular fixture in KF movies as character actor and choreographer.

Archived