Kung Fu films at cinemas

CeEe4

Hi everyone

I live in the UK, and was wondering if anybody knows of any places that show classic 70s kung fu films on the big screen...

Cheers...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone

I live in the UK, and was wondering if anybody knows of any places that show classic 70s kung fu films on the big screen...

Cheers...

Good luck with that search! Some of the best Kung Fu DVDs come from the UK though! ;)

I think the only way you are gonna see any KF on the big screen is to look out for any film festivals (BFI etc.) or any fan/convention screenings...look in MAI/Combat mags. I'm afraid the 'golden age' of cinema KF finished around 25yrs ago. It's all multiplexes now showing the same crap movies in every city/town.:mad:

I held a kung fu film festival last year in Birmingham.

I've been mulling over the idea of doing some regular screenings of kung fu films. Once a month, 35 mm, showing some old school classics, rares, Shaw Brothers, etc. I'm keen on the idea but I'm not sure what the appetite from the public would be like.

greenfan -

Id be interested in that, as i dont live to far from Brum, i live near Tamworth less than half an hour away.

Keep me posted if you decide to do anything.

Thanks...

A friend of mine arranged with a little help from me some showings in Nottingham a few years ago, stuff like Enter The Fat Dragon and Daredevils was shown.

Unfortunately the turn out was disappointing, im afraid you may find fans would rather stay at home and watch stuff.....if you have a guest or something it may help..good luck if you try!

Archived