US Release Quality

clayk

From what I've been reading it seems there has been a big disappointment amongst many who frequent this forum regarding Image's treatment of their Shaw releases. From what I've seen of them, they seem to be lacking, in comparison to what Dragon Dynasty has had to offer.

I am just curious what others have to say regarding the quality of the releases thus far ( just the U.S. based releases ), and what is hopes to be in store from the media blasters and bci releases.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the quality of IMAGE releases are not the best but they are watchable. It's a bit sad that IMAGE didnt negotiate better terms on these releases but whatever. If you are a videophile, you will be dissapointed. Dragon Dynasty definently has better video quality than any of the IMAGE releases, not to mention audio options and extras. Im sure the Media Blasters and BCI releases will fare much better than IMAGE's releases since Linn has been working along with the respective companies. Sit tight. 2008 and 2009 is gonna be a great year for us shaw brothers fans

Righteous Master

I think Image releases are pretty good. Oldeschool is correct about the image quality and extras though. Not nearly as good as DD, but much better than alot of other companies out there.

I think there good too except they dont show if english.Does anyone know if any other movie besides Deadly Breaking Sword is english?

Super Inframan has an English dub BUT...it's the one from the 1970s American release. You can tell because, when it starts with the Shaw Bros. logo, you don't get the cheap sounding fanfare but the weird electronic synthesizer sound effects score. also, it doesn't have that clean stereo sound like you'd normally hear. It sounds like they just took the old dub and merely synched it up with the film. The Chinese soundtrack sounds WAY better, by far.

It sounds like they just took the old dub and merely synched it up with the film

Exactly what fans of og english dubs want!

Archived