The Never Back Down Quadrilogy (2008/2011/2016/2021)

Dragon Ma

They're not making a sequel, to this?

Can anyone confirm the rumor that I heard Michael Jai White was directing and starring in the sequel?

Yea ,They Are....

And Yea he is..

w87vgk.jpg

I just read about this too and at least they are going to have 1 character return from the original film. Evan Peters, who played comic relief Max, returns to the role in the sequel. My wife being a Twilight fan may see it because Alex Meraz (Wolf Pack member Paul and is a karate and MMA practicioner) will be in it and Chris Hauty, who wrote the original, wrote the screenplay for this one too.

Co-star Dean Geyer is the son and student of South African-born Australia-based 7th dan karateka Keith Geyer who appeared in KILL OR BE KILLED. So it may turn out to be good after all.

Morgoth Bauglir

Good call hangman, that is Duffee (any relation to Duffman on the Simpsons?). I thought Duffee was big, but damn MJW is the same size. I didn't realize he was that big.

Absolutely ridiculous film and just a quick cash in on the popularity of the UFC. The cliche storyline of new kid meets popular girl dating school bad boy has been done a million times (Note karate kid). The fighting scenes themselves weren't all that bad, but the terrible script and predictability make it hard for even the fans of the cheesiest Martial arts films to watch. Also worth noting that the film "fighting" featuring Strikeforce champion Cung Le was a little more realistic but script wise was barely better then aforementioned film. Worth watching if you are a fan of both...The UFC & The Hills.

I'm stoked now....found out Larnell Stovall, the man behind the fights for UNDISPUTED III, is the fight choreographer for NEVER BACK DOWN 2!

Impact Magazine confirmed it in their December issue

ShaOW!linDude

That is good news, AV. I'm willing to bet this one will smoke the first. (And I kind of liked the first one. Not bad for a teen MA movie. Seen a lot worse, believe you me.)

I'm stoked now....found out Larnell Stovall, the man behind the fights for UNDISPUTED III, is the fight choreographer for NEVER BACK DOWN 2!

Impact Magazine confirmed it in their December issue

I bet I still think it's a pretty shitty movie when I see it.:neutral:

Well, we will find out soon...NEVER BACK DOWN 2 is premiere at this year's ACTIONFEST in Asheville, NC. Remember, UNDISPUTED III won some awards last year including Best Fight Choreography. Can Stovall make it two years in a row???

Twitch

AndyWayne84
My favorite part of Showdown was when Kenn Scott begins training and he's cleaning the toilets:

Kenn: Oh I know, this is going to be like "Wax On. Wax Off. Pain the Fence. Sand the floor?"

Billy: No. This is called "toilet cleaning".

Lmao. That movie was chessey but i enjoyed watching it.

Just a little reminder:

NEVER BACK DOWN 2 premieres this Friday at the ActionFest in Asheville, North Carolina. Both Michael Jai White and fight choreographer Larnell Stovall will be in attendance at the film's premiere...hope the film gets good rave.

Hope they announce a dvd release date.

yea id like that myself, i loved the first movie and im a Big fan of MJW, so id really like to see this.

IMDB says the movie is supposed to be released on June 10, 2011. Now, I also heard Sony Entertainment may actually give the film a theatrical run as well, so we'll see

Story HERE

IMDB says the movie is supposed to be released on June 10, 2011. Now, I also heard Sony Entertainment may actually give the film a theatrical run as well, so we'll see

Story HERE

with the exception of MJW it's fucking insulting shit like this gets a theatrical run. At best this'll be mediocre when the real deal has not even a DVD release.:mad:

Jeez, no offence guys but you're actually looking forward to hollywood teen martial arts films?:squigglemouth:

Martial arts films really must suck arse.:sad:

ShaOW!linDude
I bet I still think it's a pretty shitty movie when I see it.:neutral:

So will you:

A) at least check it out or.....

B) are you going to wait for a trailer to decide or.....

C)wait for it to come out and see what the consensus is?

I will probably take a look at the trailer. Then read what people are saying. If everybody is literally raving about it I will probably rent it. More than likely though it will have lots of mixed comments, so I'll probably wait until it appears on free TV by which time I'll think to myself I'm glad I didn't waste any money to see it. If the original is anything to go by the sequel is going to be pretty bad. I'm just sad for Michael Jai White stooping to being in such a production.

So will you:

A) at least check it out or.....

B) are you going to wait for a trailer to decide or.....

C)wait for it to come out and see what the consensus is?

A.

I'm hopeful that MJW won't disappoint.

ShaOW!linDude

NEVER BACK DOWN was not the best MA movie I've ever seen.......but it's better than some of the tripe that comes along. And I liked it for what it was.

I never saw UNDISPUTED (starring Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes). I'm just not a big "boxing" movie fan. I don't think it was received very well but I may be wrong about that. (I don't know anyone who's seen it or spoken highly of it.) But UNDISPUTED 2 was off the chain! And it was a breakout role for Scott Adkins and spawned a 3rd installment. (I hope they do a 4th.)

NBD2 may very well do the same thing. With MJW's name recognition and the film hopefully being more MA heavy, there might very be another MA star to surface as a result. That may be wishful thinking on my part but, hey, I'm a dreamer.

NEVER BACK DOWN was not the best MA movie I've ever seen.......but it's better than some of the tripe that comes along. And I liked it for what it was.

I never saw UNDISPUTED (starring Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes). I'm just not a big "boxing" movie fan. I don't think it was received very well but I may be wrong about that. (I don't know anyone who's seen it or spoken highly of it.) But UNDISPUTED 2 was off the chain! And it was a breakout role for Scott Adkins and spawned a 3rd installment. (I hope they do a 4th.)

NBD2 may very well do the same thing. With MJW's name recognition and the film hopefully being more MA heavy, there might very be another MA star to surface as a result. That may be wishful thinking on my part but, hey, I'm a dreamer.

ive seen it, and will speak highly of it lol. it has Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames! to big and kick ass actors, and me and my buddy liked Undisp one for what it was i liked it enought to add to my collection after i seen it, it is part one to a series ving rhames is Iceman Chambers as MJW is Chambers in 2, but like u said its straight up boxing , so u know what kinda movie ur watchin b4 u watch it, since MJW is posta be playin same char in part 2 thats why at first he only knows Boxing againt Boyka and has to learn Mma..but yea it doesnt touch 2 and 3 but its Good i like it! Oh and i loved NBD and cant wait for NBD 2 ,,,,,,NBD2 n MJW FTW! WOOP!

ive seen it, and will speak highly of it lol. it has Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames! to big and kick ass actors, and me and my buddy liked Undisp one for what it was i liked it enought to add to my collection after i seen it, it is part one to a series ving rhames is Iceman Chambers as MJW is Chambers in 2, but like u said its straight up boxing , so u know what kinda movie ur watchin b4 u watch it, since MJW is posta be playin same char in part 2 thats why at first he only knows Boxing againt Boyka and has to learn Mma..but yea it doesnt touch 2 and 3 but its Good i like it! Oh and i loved NBD and cant wait for NBD 2 ,,,,,,NBD2 n MJW FTW! WOOP!

And to think...Ving Rhames was WANTED by Isaac Florentine for Undisputed II, but Rhames had a schedule conflict with that crappy KOJAK reboot. That's when MJW came in. Heard that in the behind the scenes of UNDISPUTED II.

And to think...Ving Rhames was WANTED by Isaac Florentine for Undisputed II, but Rhames had a schedule conflict with that crappy KOJAK reboot. That's when MJW came in. Heard that in the behind the scenes of UNDISPUTED II.

well , Never heard that before, thats cool i like rhames ,But im glad MJW was used hes a M-a and i think i like him a bit More lol