Lau Kar Leung's Heroes of Shaolin

Righteous Master

Righteous Master

Hey guys, ran across this info about a new film by Lau Kar Leung titled Heroes of Shaolin. I do not recall a previous post re: this film, so I thought I would post a link to the web page that I found the film info on. Sounds really sweet, but Lau Kar Leung is quoted in the article as saying, "This will be my best movie, and the best martial arts movie ever made." I love Lau and his films, but perhaps he should not make such bold predictions before this film is released.

http://www.prnewsnow.com/Public_Release/Movies/102571.html

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doug maverick

this movie has been kicking around for a while now. it was off it was on. then lau got sick at least that what the production company burning shaolin said. so i hope its on again.

... Lau Kar Leung is quoted in the article as saying, "This will be my best movie, and the best martial arts movie ever made." I love Lau and his films, but perhaps he should not make such bold predictions before this film is released.

Whilst I agree with you, it has to be said if Lau does hit top form he has a good chance of backing up his statements.

LKL certainly has talents to make good flick,if he does not go into too much slapstick and wire-fu we might have something decent.

Movie in style of DM2 or Operation Scorpio would be brilliant.

Righteous Master

You are right. If he stays away from over the top comedy and wires any movie he makes should be good. I hope he also has costumes and hair styles in the film that look like they are period appropiate and not present styles like the long leather trenchcoats,cowboy hats and modern haircuts used in Drunken Monkey.

5 Element Boxer

Wire-fu can look great if done right. I have full confidence that LKL will do it right, if he needs to use it. They used wires in Drunken Monkey during the training sequences, and it looked really good.

Archived