"Vengeance"question

tai_shin_mun

I have United release which is about 20 mins shorter than Celestial one.I need to choose do I get ivl vengeance or instead "human lanterns" which I have not seen.I like Vengeance a lot but in those cut 20 mins,is there action or just dialogue?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only seen IVL Vengeance don't know what's cut on the United. If you go for Human Lanterns (different, but a film for sure more in preference with my tastes than Vengeance, don't know about yours), don't get the IVL edition. Human Lanterns Momentum Asia release is currently the better edition. Both cut with a little the other doesn't have, but the Momentum more complete with more gore.

Thx.Lanterns is indeed IVL,before today it was just name on list,I never searched info about it.

I was long time under impression(from title)it`s in same category as siamese twins,seeding of a ghost,killer snakes etc(silly thought I admit)...and those films are not my taste...but some1 told me there is decent fights also.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

tai, the IVL Human Lanterns version has more gore if the Momentum version is the Uk release. I have them both and a bootleg from years ago (which by the way has the best english subs translation). Also you must get Vengeance even if it is cut (since IVLs out of print). Vengeance is one of Chang Cheh's greatest achievements and one of David Chiang's all time greatest roles. It's a must have blood splattered film.

i would wait on it(human lanterns)until the IMAGE release comes out. That way you can compare which is the better release.

The Momentum has more gore. The minute I watched it, I promptly disposed of the IVL.

The shot on the cover when Linda Chu is skinned is missing on the IVL. Tanny's murder is more graphic on the UK release too, not to mention the rape scene while being tied up which is cut on the IVL.

The Momentum has more gore. The minute I watched it, I promptly disposed of the IVL.

The shot on the cover when Linda Chu is skinned is missing on the IVL. Tanny's murder is more graphic on the UK release too, not to mention the rape scene while being tied up which is cut on the IVL.

Damn! Where can I find this Momentum release of HL? I own the IVL and definately want the gore, the graphics and sex!! :P

Archived