Human Lanterns (1982)

clayk

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats up with Image they cant let us know whats english,Whats the secret?

There is no secret. Image Entertainment sucks as an outlet for shaw movies. Dont have high expectations or be dissapointed. Have low expectations and you might be suprised

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Linn, aren't Image supposedly releasing a completely uncut (or close as can be) version of this film?

It's supposed to be uncut, but it will not be from an HD master, so I don't have high hopes for the quality and I doubt very seriously it will have a dub track.

It looks as though amazon.com has the Image release of Human Lanterns available for pre-order ($13.99).

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Lanterns-Spec-Sub-Dol/dp/B001675YO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1206227060&sr=1-1

I know many have been disappointed with the Image releases, but thought I'd pass this along.

Also, I am not sure what is required for this to be "un-cut" but this is included in the description:

"Now featuring shocking scenes too extreme for its Asian DVD release, this unflinching action-horror masterpiece is now finally available to American audiences to enjoy full strength and full throttle!"

The combination of the IVL (missing a lot) and Momentum Asia (restores it, but misses something IVL has!) DVDs will make an uncut version :).

Good subtitles (which Image have typically done and one of their strengths compared to others) and mono will also make this a worthy purchase. However, a proper transfer is another matter, with an English dub.

Baring in mind if Celestial recently made this, then there will be frame-cuts likely.

Would you recommend the film? What's it like? Might even rent it out if I can, or even buy it.

Going slightly off-track, I got a little shocked when I saw 6/10/08, but realised it was the American style and it's 10th June. I don't know if there's some bizarre explanation, but why did people have to be so stupid and 'different' by reversing the display of dates, causing unnecessary confusion? Still, if I moved to the US (from the UK) and was 'late' in paying, I could claim it says 6th October ;).

oldeschool17
The combination of the IVL (missing a lot) and Momentum Asia (restores it, but misses something IVL has!) DVDs will make an uncut version :).

Good subtitles (which Image have typically done and one of their strengths compared to others) and mono will also make this a worthy purchase. However, a proper transfer is another matter, with an English dub.

Baring in mind if Celestial recently made this, then there will be frame-cuts likely.

Would you recommend the film? What's it like? Might even rent it out if I can, or even buy it.

Going slightly off-track, I got a little shocked when I saw 6/10/08, but realised it was the American style and it's 10th June. I don't know if there's some bizarre explanation, but why did people have to be so stupid and 'different' by reversing the display of dates, causing unnecessary confusion? Still, if I moved to the US (from the UK) and was 'late' in paying, I could claim it says 6th October ;).

easy on the ethnocentrism chen. No need to turn this into a pissing contest between brits/scots and americans

easy on the ethnocentrism chen. No need to turn this into a pissing contest between brits/scots and americans

Fair enough, I was just curious :).

Anyway, Image are boasting about the longer footage (could it be Momentum Asia's longer version, but mistakenly said to be uncut?) and it's an exclusive I suppose, so maybe a good transfer could be on the way? Who knows...

Archived