Is TO KILL A MASTERMIND Celestial dvd on the 2008 release list ?

Constable Fu

I have purchased Celestial dvd's JUDGEMENT OF AN ASSASSIN (1977), THE AVENGING EAGLE (1978), and RENDEZVOUS WITH DEATH (1980), two of which are Sun Chung's best works.

However, I am still wondering if the cult classic TO KILL A MASTERMIND (1979) is going to be released this year?

I haven't watched this but still have a fond memory of the cool poster showing the seven assassins when it was shown at theatres (and that was when I was 8 or 9 !)

Does any of my Shaw brothers have any good news about this ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Called up Celestial to speak to my contacts and was amazed to find that many of them have left the company. Spoke to a lady and she told me the Dec 20 batch was the last. I insisted that Celestial has 12 outstanding films in their catalog not released and she wanted to know which 12. So I emailed her but she replied and wanted me to categorize them which I did in another email. It looks like she does not even have the catalog anymore if she needed me to specify the genre of the 12 movies I listed. When asked about future releases, she said Celestial has not decided which movies to release next.

Called up Celestial to speak to my contacts and was amazed to find that many of them have left the company. Spoke to a lady and she told me the Dec 20 batch was the last. I insisted that Celestial has 12 outstanding films in their catalog not released and she wanted to know which 12. So I emailed her but she replied and wanted me to categorize them which I did in another email. It looks like she does not even have the catalog anymore if she needed me to specify the genre of the 12 movies I listed. When asked about future releases, she said Celestial has not decided which movies to release next.

lol... feel the love

Sounds like tech support offshored to the middle east.

if a bootleg of the film pops up with subtitles, you can forget about this coming out anywhere in remastered version in the next three to four years.

There are some really great boots of Hong Kong Godfather going around. I'm surprised they haven't ended up on store shelves. The copy I've seen looks better than a lot of films.

Archived