The Rebel (2007)

Guest skulldugrey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be interesting to see if this will be uncut when DD releases it. I hope so, but at the same time I doubt it.

If anybody can confirm the version that is out now is uncut(what's the name of the company that put it out?), i can try to look around in the Vietnamese vid shops here in Atlanta for it. If DD's subs blow, im willing to do a custom job on this. I'll even consult with my Dad for a full on translation.

If anybody can confirm the version that is out now is uncut(what's the name of the company that put it out?), i can try to look around in the Vietnamese vid shops here in Atlanta for it. If DD's subs blow, im willing to do a custom job on this. I'll even consult with my Dad for a full on translation.

There's a bootleg out on the torrent sites. I have it, but havent watched it. I just have it as back-up in case we do get a cut version of this movie (which I wont buy), so I'll have an uncut alternative.

The bootleg has subs, so subs are already available.

There's a bootleg out on the torrent sites. I have it, but havent watched it. I just have it as back-up in case we do get a cut version of this movie (which I wont buy), so I'll have an uncut alternative.

The bootleg has subs, so subs are already available.

Check your PM

I just noticed Movie Score Media is releasing the score by Christopher Wong:

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html

I hear his score for 'Journey from the Fall' is quite good as well. He trained under Jerry Goldsmith so he got the best training he could possibly get. Has anyone heard either score and are they any good?

Also, I don't know if anyone else caught the review quote on the DD site:

"A Raging Unstoppable River Of Butt-Kicking" -New York Asian Film Fesival

Quite the bizarre thing to say! But, I'll take that over a quote from Maxim. :D

Picked this up today at Best Buy for $17.99. Nice little 2 disc package with some good special features. Commentary track features Bey alongside Johnny Nguyen, Dustin Nguyen and Veronica Ngo. Always nice to have commentary that features writers/actors/directors involved with the film. I havent sat down to watch the whole film, only skimmed through a bit. Everything looks great so far. Running time says 104 min, not sure if thats uncut or not.

The Amazing Psycho Per

I believe that is the correct running time... So this shouldn't be cut.

Nice little flick with great fight scenes. Wished the fights would've been longer and move varied though. Still worth picking up.

I watched this last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. Nice balance of drama and excellent fights. The real surprise was Dustin Nguyen. He was great as the villain and it looks like he did a lot of his own stunt/fighting too.

I watched this last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. Nice balance of drama and excellent fights. The real surprise was Dustin Nguyen. He was great as the villain and it looks like he did a lot of his own stunt/fighting too.

And most of his stunts were standing still taking hit. Great flick still.

I watched this film on Saturday and it was an enjoyable flick.

Shame it had a lot of dark scenes that I could not see what was happening as my TV does not show dark scenes particularly well.

The opening had english subtitles but no one was speaking, is this a case of the subtitles being for the english dub???

The opening had english subtitles but no one was speaking, is this a case of the subtitles being for the english dub???

Dubtitles. They were for non-Vietnamese viewers who might not be very familiar with that time/setting in Vietnamese history.

OK I got to watch this movie last night and I really enjoyed it, a lot of good action scenes.

Now my only grip was that when they talked it was very low so I thought it was my TV so I turned up the volume which normally would rock the house, but it was the dialogue of the movie very low. When the music was on it was too loud did anyone else notice this?

:o

Morgoth Bauglir
OK I got to watch this movie last night and I really enjoyed it, a lot of good action scenes.

Now my only grip was that when they talked it was very low so I thought it was my TV so I turned up the volume which normally would rock the house, but it was the dialogue of the movie very low. When the music was on it was too loud did anyone else notice this?

:o

I thougt the dialogue on the English dub sounded a little low, but I didn't have any problems with the original language track.

Morgoth Bauglir

Has anyone listened to the commentary yet? I'm more than halfway through and I must say that this may be the most enjoyable commentary I have ever heard. I can't wait to watch the other special features.

I heard alittle bit of it. It seems like they had a great time making the rebel. The special features on the 2nd disc are a real treat. The Dustin Nguyen interview was my favorite and behind the scenes featurette. Overall, the special features are worth the watch and hopefully we will get to see more martial arts action films from Vietnam.

Morgoth Bauglir

Oh man you are right, these special features on disc 2 are awesome. It has taken me all day to watch the special features:D

This film was enjoyable but not one I would like to add to my collection of films. Fight scenes were good but the film overall was just OK. :l

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah I agree, but I thought the 3 lead actors gave great acting performances so that elevated the movie for me.

Chinatown Kid

I've ordered this but still haven't got it yet. Are the fights plentiful throughtout the entire film or are they spaced out few and far between? Regardless, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. :nerd:

Morgoth Bauglir

I remember like 4 or 5 fights, maybe more. My favorite one is Ngyuen vs this French soldier guy. worth watching just for that.

This film was enjoyable but not one I would like to add to my collection of films. Fight scenes were good but the film overall was just OK. :l

ditto on that. It became repeative at times but at least it wasn't a terrible movie.

yesterday evening i watched this movie and i have to say that s a pretty good one!

I missed it at an italian asian film festival two years ago if i'm not wrong and i was quite sad after watching the trailer but then i bought the dvd and yesterday i decided to watch it.

Good plot,good acting,awesome locations,excellent fighting scenes (just a few wires! i love that!),the only thing that dissappointed me was Sy (Dustin Nguyen)...what the hell... was him invincible?! :cry: ahaha anyway I hope to see more movies like this from Vietnam sooner or later :angel:

Archived