Karate v.s. Tiger

Guest SChiba_200X

Guest SChiba_200X

Does anyone have information regarding this Yasuaki Kurata film? It was mentioned briefly in Patrick Macias's notes on the Sister Street Fighter series.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have it but there's a VHS tape of it out there in Japanese only though. The poster is very beautiful. Kurata fights the tiger in the film.

i've only ever seen a poster of this film, but it's a very cool poster

I believe you can get a copy with subs from revengeismydestiny.com, although i think it's fairly expensive and i'm not sure of the quality

also, there is a chinese film from that time with a very similar title which also stars Kurata, so beware of the confusion

In "Celluloid Fury" DVD was a trailer from Karate vs. Tiger, looks pretty cool... And if somebody have a poster - please, post it here :)

Guest hanzorazor

You are very welcome. I've only seen the flashlegs version of the movie, thought it was somewhat disappointing. The fight scenes aren't that great and the scenes with the tiger aren't exactly convincing to say the least. Kurata does the job but he has definitely been in better movies than this.

Is this the one they also called Dragon's Claws and credited Kurata-san as "Bruce Lo"? Nice poster too :)

No this is aka Which is Stronger Karate or Tiger. I wrote about it a while back. The fights aren't great (this was made in Japan in the early 70's, after all) but it's cool to see Kurata in a lead role and the movie is entertaining. If I had to rate it, I'd put it below the Street Fighter films but above the Sister Street Fighter films in terms of quality.

Archived