Chinese basher/boxer films

mark187

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tantao3-son of tantao2

hi kwok

Number X may be The Dangerous Guy, 1974, directed by Lin Pai (director of Duels With The Devils, starring Tan Tao Liang), a modern day basher...

Hi Tantao

The Dangerous Guy seems to match the nature of Number X but it will be good to get some more info/photo/prints etc ditto Over Victorious Hall,to be 100% certain.

Here are 3 more titles that escaped me.

The Invincible Iron Palm (how could I have forgotten this?)

Chinese Kung Fu Against The Godfather

Fierce Among Strong

Morgoth Bauglir
boxer in shanghai starring doris chen is a great basher loved every minute of it, although shapes are my priority i love a good basher for the sheer energy and hate .

Oh man I agree this one is very very good. Doris Lung and Man Kong Lung at their best. And I would say the hate in this movie is at least at a level 8.

I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion to ask for, but can anybody give any recommendations on others actors who were known, or who did a large number of these kind of heavy basher/boxer types of films, along the likes of Wang Yu, Chen Sing, Chen Kuan Thai etc? Not necessarily period kung fu films, rather based on stories along the likes of "Big Boss", "Big Brother Cheng" etc?

Or is it likely easier to find particular films with this kind of theme rather than actors who were known for it, if that makes sense?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Hi,

can anybody give any recommendations on others actors who were known, or who did a large number of these kind of heavy basher/boxer types of films

Alex-Lung Ji Fei and Yukio Someno made some heavyweight Karate/Boxer styled films,

the following three titles are well worth checking out!

Thunder Fist

He Walks Like A Tiger

Kung Fu 10th Dan

cheers

Manozen

Jesse Smooth

Roaring Fire/Roaring Dragon/Roaring Lion is a Larry Lee film.It has another famous co star whose name has escaped me.This movie is a modern day film but Larry Lee most times prefers to wear white tradition Chinese clothing tailored like Bruce Lee's clothes in The Way Of The Dragon.This movie has the song " Fly Robin Fly " in one scene and good use was made

of that track Tarantino used in Kill Bill vol 1 in the animation flashback sequence when Lucy Liu's character had become 20 and was atop a sky scrapper with a Sniper rifle waiting for the next kill.

Showdown at the Equator w/Nora Miao

Jesse Smooth

Though it's considered Bruceploitation, Bruce Vs. Bill w/Huang Chien Lung and Bill Louie is solid. Modern day basher, but most people still wear Chinese clothes.

Hi,

Alex-Lung Ji Fei and Yukio Someno made some heavyweight Karate/Boxer styled films,

the following three titles are well worth checking out!

Thunder Fist

He Walks Like A Tiger

Kung Fu 10th Dan

cheers

Manozen

thanks for your advice, ill check them out sometime.

Though it's considered Bruceploitation, Bruce Vs. Bill w/Huang Chien Lung and Bill Louie is solid. Modern day basher, but most people still wear Chinese clothes.

thanks for the recommendation also. don't mind the clothing, but i like to find out about films from that classic era that aren't all wuxia/fantasy/Shaolin.. i guess you would call it 'modern day' action film

Jesse Smooth

Recent ones I've watched:

Infernal Street ('73) Yu Tien Lung - I remember watching this on TV as a 5 year old at my grandmother's house. Not bad, but not a masterpiece.

Land of the Brave Cheung Li - Very intense.

More I'll look at later:

Brave Lion (Barry Chan)

Heroine in the Dust

Tiger (Kurata)

Gold Snatchers (Chen Sing/Kurata)

Dumb Ox/Kung fu Strongman (Kam Kong)

One by One (Kam Kong/Kurata)

Chinese Boxing

Legend of the Tiger (Lo Lieh)

Shaolin Vengeance (Chen Sing)

Kung Fu's Hero (Cheung Li)

kungfusamurai

Unless I missed it, I didn't see John Woo's Young Dragons mentioned yet. Even though it was released in '75, it was filmed in 73 and definitely falls under the basher category from what I've seen of the trailer

ZsGwPXN2tUI

KFS

Jesse Smooth

I looked at Tiger Jungle w/Wen Chiang Long this past weekend. Taiwan jungle tribe vs Japanese. Main baddie was Han Ying Chieh. The final fight slightly gives a nod to Big Boss.

Oh yeah, I forgot...I also saw The Awaken Punch aka Fury of the Black Belt w/Henry Yu Yung

Is Fury of the Black Belt the one where Henry Yu Young is using bricks as a weapon, and clashes them together where they make some "steel" sound?

... or, am I thinking of Barry Chan in The Chinese Mechanic?

Jesse Smooth
Is Fury of the Black Belt the one where Henry Yu Young is using bricks as a weapon, and clashes them together where they make some "steel" sound?

... or, am I thinking of Barry Chan in The Chinese Mechanic?

I don't think he did. I haven't seen Chinese Mechanic. FOBB, Yu Yung takes on Tien Feng in final fight.

I do have Brave Lion with Barry Chan, which I'll probably look at this weekend.

I don't think he did. I haven't seen Chinese Mechanic. FOBB, Yu Yung takes on Tien Feng in final fight.

I do have Brave Lion with Barry Chan, which I'll probably look at this weekend.

It is Barry Chan with the bricks in "Chinese" which we never had as Chinese Mechanic

The Dragon
It is Barry Chan with the bricks in "Chinese" which we never had as Chinese Mechanic

Thanks Kwok. I have this in my collection but could not remember the title. I need to re-visit this basher! I love the cheesiness!

:nerd:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Four Real Friends aka Dragon Squad.

Perfect ***** stars all the way.

This is the last (basher) I saw.

GD Y-Y

odioustrident
Hi Shapes

Thanks for your input.I've seen " Fingers That Kill " and know it very well.It stars Lu Chun Ku billed as Tommy Loo Chun for this film.Fingers That Kill is the movie that was made a scapegoat for banning Chinese Films in Sierra Leone towards the end of 1973.Lu Chun Ku practices his technique fingering coconuts and coconut trees.

Chilvarly Knights is a lot more violent and bloody.One of the main characters is called " Chief Jien/Chief Chien " during the end fight the main villain five fingered an opponent's belly and his fingers got stuck in the guy's guts.The main hero then made a high leap and stamped on the stuck limb which got severed from the elbow.The shock of the dismembered arm killed the main villain but he made a speech of repentance before he died.Completely different movie from Fingers That Kill.

I know its a little odd to bring up an old thread like this, but this Chivalry Knights film sounds a lot like Struggle for Avengence... at least the scene you described.

We should continue this thread it was a good one!

Archived