BCI Eclipse's Shaw Brothers releases

gfanikf

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheManInWhite
LIFE GAMBLE-they better have the dub after promising that they had it. some pre order sites list it as dubbed --others don't--since the release is about a month away they(BCI) should know by now if they have the dub or not. they should at least confirm it one way or the other. i'm sure the complete dub must exist somewhere--most people have the version thats missing the first 4 minutes.:mad:

I just saw the full version in English on Kung Fu HD not too long ago. So yes, there is a dub. And it had the Celestial logo at the beginning so there should be no excuses. :monkey13

i just read on another thread that the uncut english dub of LIFE GAMBLE played on VOOM KUNG FU HD on tv--so if this is true then theres no believable reason for it not to be included on the dvd.

so who was this guy from BCI that sometimes comes on this forum--was his name cliff--anyway why doesn't he come on and explain if LIFE GAMBLE has the full dub or not and if it doesn't maybe he can explain why its showing on VOOM TV with the complete dub. just a thought

Yes, I think we scared Cliff off.

It always happens somehow that contact is broken with companies - even when they come onto the forums :).

Thanks for the link.

A higher bitrate would have been good - to make-up for Celestial's videoness restoration style as compression artefacts are visible. I wish Celestial would fix those sides that have squished features (everyone looks thin off centre)!

Whilst all the interviews are cool (like Soulblade's with Roy Horan), it would be good if a more professional camera/sound was used. I wonder if any editing has taken place as it seems these interviews are included from start-finish directly from the tape (with all the clipping in audio, and the interviewee getting prepared etc).

However: Mono, 1080p video, uncut and all those extras are brilliant. I wonder what the subs are like.

The prices on the blu-ray discs are crazy cheap. I'll buy 'em even though I don't have a blu-ray player. This disc sounds great. BCI RIP. :(

I figured I would post the link but also it would be a confirmation that at least this title looks to be fairly certain to be released. who knows about the other ones though.

Its moot now, I guess, but in regards to 14 Amazons, Celestial has a remastered uncut print in their possesion. I saw it screened a copule years ago. If I'm not mistaken, the subs were retranslated too. It was a great looking print & I'm sure that the BCI release would have been uncut. I don't know why IVL released it cut in the first place.

Its moot now, I guess, but in regards to 14 Amazons, Celestial has a remastered uncut print in their possesion. I saw it screened a copule years ago. If I'm not mistaken, the subs were retranslated too. It was a great looking print & I'm sure that the BCI release would have been uncut. I don't know why IVL released it cut in the first place.

Most likely that was the original release version for Hong Kong or another Asian territory.

Guest Markgway

Damn, I wish they'd released that one first. :(

It looks like the DVD release of Opium and the Kung-Fu Master has a reversible sleeve. I personally do not know where the source of the optional front cover is, but it's a nice added touch.

I hope to get time tonight to watch the film.

It also has a reversible cover. Just received my copy today. Getting ready to purchase a Blu-Ray ROM Drive.

I'll echo clayk comment, nice added touch.

silver hermit

i like the cover and its blue ray at that! it looks like we all will miss out on some great product from BCI. i hope that they got more titles completed and ready to go because from this it seems like the parent company cut its costs of operation so its losses won't show up on the books as much when they report their profits to their share holders. they bought the rights so they can do what ever they want with them. releasing whatever does well in pre-orders is a good tactic but it sucks for their former employees but thats what corporate re-structring is all about. when profits are good all the extra companies under the umbrella are great tax wise but in this climate its like a cement block tied to your ankle. it might be a bit insensitive of me to ask right now but CLIFF did you guys get to complete any other great product like this(hoping for hong kong godfather) before they locked the doors on BCI itself??

I'm not keen on the small pictures on the original poster, but that looks a great cover!

There's no mention of Cantonese on the back, but it's still very attractive looking!

For HAZ, I know those pictures are part of the original poster. I don't like them in general as they look a bit silly, but I suppose it's a bit irrelevant and it's nice BCI had put the original poster in.

For HAZ, I know those pictures are part of the original poster. I don't like them in general as they look a bit silly, but I suppose it's a bit irrelevant and it's nice BCI had put the original poster in.

I wasn't sure if you meant the pictures on the left & right which kind of frame the poster. Seeing this makes me wish BCI could have put out more because it just looks so cool.

Guest Markgway

Looks like the front cover has two giant tears. Why not just use the poster to fill out the front of the sleeve and leave it at that?

Mind you, I see a Region A coding listed on the back so WTF do I care??

Looks like the front cover has two giant tears. Why not just use the poster to fill out the front of the sleeve and leave it at that?

Because the poster is much taller and narrower than a Blu-Ray. And it can't really be cropped because the title almost touches the top and the photos almost touch the bottom. It fit perfectly on the flipside of the standard DVD.

I also think the Life Gamble poster is much cooler and it fit both formats better.

Archived