BCI Eclipse's Shaw Brothers releases

gfanikf

Well considering Celestial has been finding their "missing dubs" in storage I would think MB and now BCI have (DD always had a good chance even before Celestial seemed to take interest in cataloging and restoring their dubs)good chances of putting out more dubs than we could have hoped for just a year ago.

is Celestial had them all along, but they had no need to do anything with them until deals were made in the US. Once those deals were signed, they started going through their English elements to see what they could add for US companies, specifically Disney who were the first major company to sign what is still the largest deal. There's still a lot of titles that don't have English dubs, but we'll see what comes of it. I'm waiting to get the info from Celestial on all of these to see what exactly we'll be working with.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

This is sweet news! I am very glad to hear another company is going to be releasing some more great Shaw Bros movies. It seems like things are getting better and better for MA fans.

This is great news. BCI have been doing an outstanding job with their previous titles and I'm sure there will do a great job with the shaw line.

Thank you Linn and gfanikf

i have been saying for years that celestial had all the dubs-- when you combine the dub list that was once on their site with the lost shaw dub list and the old blackbelt theatre list --it totals to over two hundred-- thats a lot more than most people thought. i guess it took the promise of money to get them to finally dig them up. it seems 2008/09 may be a good years for shaw dub lovers. now if we could only get IMAGE to re-release HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL with the dub. i must be dreaming.

Check this out Dragon-

BIG thanks to gfanik for uploading that. I can't wait to see an uncut version. It better be uncut!!

Yeah, Morgoth this is some good stuff!:D

I think I want this in my collection! Thanks.

This is amazing news. Its great to see that Linn is involved with these releases. Many thanks to him for helping get these movies out to the fans.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Despite unimpressive martial arts, it is on the other hand extremely violent!:eek: Wow! I'll definately check this one out.

Guest Markgway

Not to dampen your enthusiasm but it's not that great a movie apart from the violence.

Beware of overhyped rares.

Not to dampen your enthusiasm but it's not that great a movie apart from the violence.

Beware of overhyped rares.

Beware of movie comments from Mark, he hates everything. ;)

HKG is a top notch classic.

Beware of movie comments from Mark, he hates everything. ;)

HKG is a top notch classic.

Hey!

When anyone calls something a 'classic', I'll probably end up hating it too:D!

Hey!

When anyone calls something a 'classic', I'll probably end up hating it too:D!

Yeah, but I could say the reverse about anything Mark says too ;).

I would at the least say its a very important film in the triad action genre.

Guest Markgway

The word 'classic' is bandied about far too much in relation to movies that are at best good, frequently mediocre. Watch the end battle on Youtube and you've seen the best part, the rest is generally forgettable. I'm glad it's being released though, as all these films should be.

The word 'classic' is bandied about far too much in relation to movies that are at best good, frequently mediocre. Watch the end battle on Youtube and you've seen the best part, the rest is generally forgettable. I'm glad it's being released though, as all these films should be.

Hardly, Beardy gives a great acting performance, the actions scenes throughout the whole movie are great.

Killer Meteor

Yes, that's why I don't listen to anyone on this forum, and instead follow my instincts.

I don't know, I'll check anything myself, but I'll listen to everyone on the forum... you get where they're all coming from eventually, further than just articulated post content, each one's tastes & whatnot, learn how recommends fit your own. Bunch of people here I know how to heed for my likes.

Lordy, I'm desperate to see HKG, regardless anyone's thoughts on it though...

Guest Markgway

Absolutely. You should check it out yourself. We are our own best judges. All I'm saying is there seems to be a fair amount of (IMHO) unjustified hype and I'm offering an alternate viewpoint. I'd give the film **/**** (Maltin scale).

I agree with Mark that the term "classic" is overused.

I also concur w/ P in that I'll digest all opinions and then make an educated guess.

And really - that's what it all boils down to.

Opinions (be it on film - art - or life) are all truly subjective.

For example, Bride w/ White Hair. Heard a lot of positive on this.

Watched it last night. Not my cup of tea.

But, hey to each his own....

oldeschool17

Cool. I like em for the most part, although i would have used different background images for the Life Gamble one.

Archived