Favorite Duos in Classic Kung Fu Movies

AlbertV

Who are your favorite duo or duos, whether they team up on screen or they play rivals??? I am talking about duos who appear in more than one film together. Here are my picks:

Chi Kuan-Chun and Alexander Fu Sheng - together when they starred in numerous Shaw Brothers films, they were practically the unstoppable team to beat.

John Liu and Hwang Jang-Lee - 'nuff said.

Angela Mao and Delon Tan - The Himalayan, Duel with the Devils, Scorching Sun Fierce Wind and Wild Fire. They always made for a pretty good team showcasing their amazing skills.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgoth Bauglir

• AlbertV

• The Dragon

• Righteous Master

Righteous Master

That is my all time favorite MA comedy. I love the final fight where samo and Yuen are acting like monkeys. "He is the good monkey. I am the bad one. (samo)"

Dean Shek and Sammo- sort of an antagonistic duo but I think they're pretty funny together, kinda like a Laurel and Hardy thing going on there.

Mark Long and Jack Long.

Albert V, I really liked the Himalayan, how do you feel Duel with the Devils, and Scorching Sun Fierce Wind and Wild Fire compare to it?

What's up Yakuza? I thought out of the three, The Himalayan had the best action. I liked the so-called Game of Death like fight in Duel with the Devils, where Tan had to fight a different villain on each level of a pagoda. I like Angela in SSFWWF when she was masked and Tan's kicking is always impressive to see.

Ti Lung and David Chiang for me as well. I once read somewhere the perfect description of this duo, when they team up in a MA flick. The article stated that having these two was like guarding a palacial estate with the Queen's best.

My favorite film with them as a duo...?

The Duel aka Duel Of The Iron Fist.

Ti Lung:Chen Cheh

David Chiang:The Rover

:cool:

Morgoth Bauglir
master killer and Judge from 5venoms

Wang Lung Wei and Gordon Liu. Hell yeah! They fought eachother like 9 or 10 times and they moved sooooo good together. Always a good fight between them.

I would have to say David Chiang and Ti Lung were a favorite duo of mine as well. My favorite would have to be Duel of Fists. However, I can't help but always laugh at David's wardrobe. I know it was the style for 1971 but it looks kind of fruity. :D

Wang Lung Wei and Gordon Liu. Hell yeah! They fought eachother like 9 or 10 times and they moved sooooo good together. Always a good fight between them.

End fights in Martial Club and Return to the 36th Chamber are possibly the best technical fights I've ever seen. Atleast on Gordon's behalf.

5 Element Boxer
Chang Shan and Lo Rei. I think they only did 2 movies where they fough eachother, and they moved together beautifully.

I totally agree. They fight well!

Lau Kar Leung and Lau Kar Wing were always great together too, as well as was Gordon Liu and Wang Lung Wei (as previously mentioned). And I can't forget about Mark and Jack Long.

1. Wang Tao & Tan Tao-Liang/Dorian Tan/Delon Tam - CHALLENGE OF DEATH; HOT, COOL, & VICIOUS.

2. Wang Tao & John Liu - DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU, SECRET RIVALS.

3. John Liu & Hwang Jang Lee - INVINCIBLE ARMOR, SNUFF BOTTLE CONNECTION.

Bruce Lee and Bob Wall... They looked great pitted against on another on-screen. Sammo even did justice by way of the choreography between Wall and the Lee stand-in, Kim Tai Chung in GOD. The scene played as if Lee and Wall were going at it.

(Although Lee would have kicked his tail a little more, and got hit far less that Sammo's direction allowed.):P