Legend of the Fox (1980)

Tantheman

glad you checked it out man! nothing like a new venoms film! any other ones you havent seen? the only "true" venoms movie i havent seen is ode to gallantry. cant get through it. the print is the worst ive seen by celestial as well. so murky etc. i may try it again soon

here are a couple other movies i havant seen. would you guys consider these venom movies?

Death Chambers

Heaven and Hell

I'm generally not the biggest fan of 80s Shaw movies, so I still haven't seen a few of the later venoms--I can usually tell from the reviews if they'd be up my alley or not.

I haven't seen Heaven and Hell, but Death Chambers (Shaolin Temple) is a must-have Shaw movie. It's sort of a big-scale movie that bridges all the main eras of Shaws--you've got Yueh Hua representing the 60's swordplay, Ti Lung and David Chiang representing late 60's into the 70s, Chi Kuan Chun, Fu Sheng and Wang Lung Wei for 70's, and then Chiang Sheng and Kuo Chui representing the venoms era. Great movie.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks so much for sharing and i often forget about that site!

2 questions: did you make this site?

and secondly, i have to run to work now so cant look on that site right now. but is the amazing venoms 9 part documentary still on there?? or the links to it? i cant find it on youtube anymore :-(

anyone that can link me to that be AMAZING. was so so well made

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just watched this film last night. The fighting between Kuo Chui and Lu Feng is some of the best Venom's sword play ever. Amazing aggression. Very tight. I haven't watched this film for a few years, wasn't as educated in what are really the classics as of then so I lacked the appreciation for this film it duely deserved. Of course there are flaws but the dead serious delivery carries ya through the film. My power went out about 15 mins. before the film ended so I'll check that out tonight.

I'm generally not the biggest fan of 80s Shaw movies, so I still haven't seen a few of the later venoms--I can usually tell from the reviews if they'd be up my alley or not.

I haven't seen Heaven and Hell, but Death Chambers (Shaolin Temple) is a must-have Shaw movie. It's sort of a big-scale movie that bridges all the main eras of Shaws--you've got Yueh Hua representing the 60's swordplay, Ti Lung and David Chiang representing late 60's into the 70s, Chi Kuan Chun, Fu Sheng and Wang Lung Wei for 70's, and then Chiang Sheng and Kuo Chui representing the venoms era. Great movie.

Also do not forget Lu Feng as cool general in Death Chambers:smile:.

Venoms fights in Heaven And Hell before they die 1st time:tongue: are maybe best parts of movie.It`s not essential purchase though in my opinion.

I have never seen legend of the fox even as own IVL.Maybe soon....

Archived