List of new English dubs

falkor

Can anyone come up with a compehensive list of new English dubs that surfaced (or were newly recorded) since Celestial came into business? For example, we have the English dubs released by the Australian company (ie. Magic Blade), the English dubs shown on the TV channel (ie. Killer Clans), and now Deadly Breaking Sword plus a few others no doubt. No point listing the ones we already had from the VHS days, so anyone like to get the ball rolling?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldeschool17

probably all of dragon dynasty shaw releases have dubs. http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/11/hkcfn-exclusive-new-dragon-dynasty.html

Linn mentioned that Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan(IMAGE) should have the dub. As for Shaolin Intruders(IMAGE) and Magic Blade(IMAGE)nobody is a 100% sure since IMAGE is not the most accurate in letting the fans know if their TITTLES include dubs or not(a good example is Deadly Breaking Sword, which doesnt even list that it has a dub on the cover). I highly reccomend everyone buy the Siren Visual version of Magic Blade if they are that concerned with the English Dub. Dont buy it from hkflix for they will never get it in stock. Buy directly from siren visual.

AS for Siren Visual, check the link in my signature for the ones that have dubs.

i believe there are quite a few new or better versions of many english dubs since celestial--->WEB OF DEATH--LIZARD--MAGIC BLADE--a much improved version of ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS--DEADLY BREAKING SWORD--SUPER INFRAMAN--BLACK MAGIC--KILLER SNAKES--MY YOUNG ANUTIE. upcoming dubs--KILLER CLANS--SPIRITUAL BOXER--DISCIPLES OF 36TH CHAMBER--COME DRINK WITH ME--GOLDEN SWALLOW--CRAZY SHAOLIN DISCIPLES--RETURN OF ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN--INVINCIBLE FIST--FLYING DAGGER--ANONYMOUS HEROES--BUDDHAS PALM--- and obviously there are improved versions of many favourites such as AVENGING EAGLE and FLYING GUILLOTINE 1+2 etc still to come. these should be able to replace just about my entire collection of vhs versions. there are still quite a few titles that are up for grabs -like--DUEL OF THE IRON FIST--DELIGHTFUL FOREST--SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE to name a few. lets not forget the dubs at the LOC--->VALLEY OF FANGS--THE PIRATE--FIST OF VENGEANCE--14 AMAZONS--NAVAL COMMANDOS and others. honourable mention to the rares dubs found by members--such as--HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL--DUEL FOR GOLD--LADY EXTERMINATOR--BAT ISLAND ADVENTURE etc. yes there are lots of new dub titles coming and lots of improved versions of old favourites BUT STILL theres still rares that need to be found-HOUSE OF TRAPS --SWORD OF SWORDS--ASSASSIN etc. i for one believe these exist and are being held by hard core collecters--but one day they will surface just like the other super rares(HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL). as for future IMAGE releases--we will just have to wait and see--by the way i heard that image also has access to NA CHA THE GREAT--BAMBOO HOUSE OF DOLLS and HUMAN LANTERNS--it would be nice to see these remastered with the dubs. well i guess thats enough ranting for now--i can get carried away once i start talkin shaw dubs.

oldeschool17
HOUSE OF TRAPS

Did this ever get a release/play on tv(USA) back in the 80s? Wasnt this one of those films that Northal or whomever had lined up to play but then got scraped in the end?

im a serios collector of shaw english remasterd dubs.I have 112 shaw brothers 24 are sub 16 not remastered yet.where do you get your info on whats coming out in english.

hi--the only thing i can say about upcoming shaw dub releases is you just have to do your homework. by that i mean check this forum--check sites such as IMAGE-ENTERTAINMENT--DRAGONDYNASTY etc.--check release sites like HKFLIX--AMAZON etc and do google searches . usually you can find something you want to know if you look hard enough.

Thanks bobo,I was a new member when i ask that question now I think I no what im doing.Still reading up on Shaw section of Forum.

Archived