What is the worst MA film you have watched?

Guest shukocarl

• Administrator
I really didnt like THE LAST DRAGON I thought I died and went to hell with that movie lol

See, I was your age when it came out. In the 80's, this film made perfect sense! XD

I watched it recently though, and my son walked in while it was on. He watched it for about two minutes with his jaw hanging open, then turned to me with a look that was half disbelief, and half disappointment, and said "Are you actually enjoying this?" I said "Yeah, kind of" and he walked away looking stunned. :nerd:

shaolin drunkard

Drunken Master 3...there sure are some movies technically inferior but I at watching DM3:monkey06

any brucleexploitation is masterpiece compared to that piece of trash:)

worst film for me?

maybe Iron Monkey Part II. it was horrible

and Dr Wai in the Scriptures with No Words; Ninja in the Deadly Trap; The Magic Crane with Damian Lau,

and Return of the Deadly Blade with my favourite actor David Chiang. It break my heart. :-(

Guest Yi-Long

I'm sure there are even worse movies made and released, but I watched Dragon from Russia a month orso ago, and my gawd, that was horrible...

Also, there are many MANY american-made martial arts flicks that are beyond crap and ridiculous...

DeathShrike

Marked For Death

The Medallion

Shanghai Knights

Red Wolf

Ninja Thunderbolt

The Master

Blood Brothers

Gen Y Cops

New Fist of Fury

King of them all: Kickboxing Academy. I highly reccomend Kickboxing Academy for anyone looking to see a hilariously bad film. It features current Gray's Anatomy star Chyler Leigh making out with her real-life brother. Seriously. Check out Kickboxing Academy. Fuckin' hysterical.

The ones that stand out as worst martial arts movies I've ever seen are:

• Raiders of the Buddhist Kung Fu (the fact that Gordon Liu is in it adds insult to injury...)
  • Game of Death 2 (I found this dvd inside the box of another movie I rented, so I watched it. Big mistake)
  • Battle Warrior (Tony Jaa is in it and it doesn't help.)
  • Swordsman with an Umbrella (boring, slow action, horrid dubbing.)
  • Attack of the Venoms (uh, what the hell was that?!)

instant noodles

Hardly crappiest ever but certainly worst I have screened in last months is lee yi mins crazy guy with super kung-fu..Original HK title 3 donkeys is more suitable to it.

Hardly crappiest ever but certainly worst I have screened in last months is lee yi mins crazy guy with super kung-fu..Original HK title 3 donkeys is more suitable to it.

I was just going to talk about that movie, since I saw it for the first time a few weeks back. The thing about CGWSKF(!) is that the opening fight is one of the best fights I've ever seen, top 5 without a doubt. After those first few minutes, my expectations were huge, but what followed was utter garbage. I had to fast-forward past the story since it made me cringe and the fights were laughable. How can you screw up a movie that bad when you're obviously capable of something that good? I'ts one of the worst I've seen in a long time, but I'd still recommend buying it just for the first fight since I can't find a clip of it online, It's that darn good.

However, the absolute worst MA-movie I've watched is Mantis under Falcon Claws.

I actually felt disgusted after watching it (only really really bad kung fu movies have that effect on me). It didn't have a single redeeming quality about it and I think I'd actually pay someone not to see it again. Some of the movies metioned in this thread at least have that so-bad-it's-good factor, but MUFC just gives you nightmares. I couldn't watch a kung fu-movie for at least a week afterwards (true story).

I would have to say that "Rush Hour 3" is the worst. I thought the first two were really good, but this one should have never been made.

The ones that stand out as worst martial arts movies I've ever seen are:

• Raiders of the Buddhist Kung Fu (the fact that Gordon Liu is in it adds insult to injury...)
  • Game of Death 2 (I found this dvd inside the box of another movie I rented, so I watched it. Big mistake)
  • Battle Warrior (Tony Jaa is in it and it doesn't help.)
  • Swordsman with an Umbrella (boring, slow action, horrid dubbing.)
  • Attack of the Venoms (uh, what the hell was that?!)

Wait.. Game of Death 2 as in Tower of Death with Hwang Jang Lee, Yuan Biao etc? Or is there another Game of Death 2, because Tower of Death is just plain awesome :P

instant noodles

snake fist dynamo

:tinysmile_angry2_t: it`s terrible. Thankfully I have forgotten most about it but what I remember only scene could be called fight and there was lot very dire comedy. I remember renting this garbage on vhs eternity ago and pictures at cover were not from actual movie. One should avoid this at all cost it`s so bad it`s not even funny.

instant noodles
I was just going to talk about that movie, since I saw it for the first time a few weeks back. The thing about CGWSKF(!) is that the opening fight is one of the best fights I've ever seen, top 5 without a doubt. After those first few minutes, my expectations were huge, but what followed was utter garbage. I had to fast-forward past the story since it made me cringe and the fights were laughable. How can you screw up a movie that bad when you're obviously capable of something that good? I'ts one of the worst I've seen in a long time, but I'd still recommend buying it just for the first fight since I can't find a clip of it online, It's that darn good.

Almost as bad is butterfly 18, however things are slightly better there because good stuff is at the end. When you take off disc from player leaves feeling it was not so much wasted time as with CGWSK...Lee yi min is great acrobat and good onscreen fighter but has been in some crap movies. I recently watched drunken arts and crippled fists, now that was excellent one. I say end fight is in top5 of 1-1 in independent studios movies.

I would have to say that "Rush Hour 3" is the worst. I thought the first two were really good, but this one should have never been made.

I thought the 2nd one was equally terrible.

On the subject of Chan, I'd have to say Fearless Hyena 2 was pretty bad, but I guess I haven't seen a lot of bad ones as I don't recognize a whole lot that's been mentioned here!

Almost as bad is butterfly 18, however things are slightly better there because good stuff is at the end. When you take off disc from player leaves feeling it was not so much wasted time as with CGWSK...Lee yi min is great acrobat and good onscreen fighter but has been in some crap movies. I recently watched drunken arts and crippled fists, now that was excellent one. I say end fight is in top5 of 1-1 in independent studios movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po9COqJ11ik

Someone put the movie on youtube recently. Watch the first 2 minutes, the fight is short but perfect.

Incidently, I saw a clip from Drunken Arts and Crippled Fists yesterday :D Really good fight, I'm going to take a look at it if I can find it.

I've got a move pack containing 50 Kung Fu movies that I bought in a store in Sweden a long time ago: Martial Arts 50 Movie Pack http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=Martial+Arts+50+Movie+Pack&x=0&y=0 (although this seems to be an "upgraded" later release). Pretty much every movie in that box deserves to be mentioned in this thread, some of the worst and most obscure being:

Kung Fu Arts (Though the fact that a monkey is the main character is hilarious)

Snake Fist Dynamo

Tiger Love (not the Shaw Classic)

The Impossible Kid

Four Robbers

The Big Fight

Killer of Snakes, Fox of Shaolin

The Snake, The Tiger, The Crane

The Guy with the Secret Kung Fu

Hey guys, just wondering what MA film you watched that tops your list for the worst of all time. The worst MA film I have ever watched has to go to Dragon in Fury. I rented this movie from blockbuster a few weeks ago because Gordon Liu was in the movie. What a scam! He was in the movie for the first one or two minutes and that was sweet, but after that the movie went way downhill. Eventually I got so bored I turned the movie off. I have only done this twice while watching a MA film.

I actually saw this piece of crap in a theater when I was a kid. Well, part of it, anyway: it was so pathetically awful my brothers & I got up & left.

not guy w/ the secret kung fu.

i thought it was ok.

no meng fei love?

i have 4 robbers too.

i didn't think it was too bad. cheaply done that's for sure.

godfrey ho should be mentioned in this thread i believe.