What is the worst MA film you have watched?

Guest shukocarl

Chinatown Kid

I agree with you on most of the imitators with the exception of Bruce li aka Ho Chung Tao. Now granted his flicks from the early 70's are truely aweful, but starting with The Man/Myth in 1976 onward he truely came into his own and became a star in his own right imo. Dynamo, The Three Avengers, and the Chinese Stuntman are some of my absolute favorites not just in the Bruceploitation genre but in the whole KF genre. :)

I haven't seen BRUCE LEE, THE MAN, THE MYTH in years. Wasn't Bruce Li in DEADLY STRIKE? That one was pretty good. At least the kung fu gorillas were better than the ones used for SHAOLIN INVINCIBLES. I get Li and Le mixed up a lot.

Chinatown Kid

Yes Bruce Li is in Deadly Strike and I thought it was one of his better films as well. First saw it years ago as a kid at the Drive-In movies under the title Bruce Li:Wanted Dead or Alive. Cool Dirty Dozen style plot with plenty of action, my current copy on DVD of the film has the nunchucka scenes cut out because it's a UK version.:( This film did not have any KF Gorillas(lol)in it though, I think your mixing it up with either Bruce li in New Guinea or Bruce Li: The Invincible which did have the guys dressed up in silly ass Gorilla costumes. I wonder who the Einstein was that came up with that idea?:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's it, the BRUCE LI THE INVINCIBLE. I don't have it anymore though. The use of the kung fu gorillas comes from Chinese Literature so to them, it's not jarring like it would be to us.

Chinatown Kid

Lol exactly, the fights were so speeded up in IM2 you couldn't tell what the hell was happening! Donnie really went overboard on the undercranking there....

One of the worst MA films I have seen is one that has recently been mentioned and has its own thread: Drunken Master 3

MA-wise, Black Mask 2 was just dreadful, but I'm glad that Andy On has redeemed himself...majorly and two horror icons were in that movie too: Andrew Bryniarski (Iguana) would play Leatherface and Tyler Mane (Thorn) would play Michael Myers...I have a feeling in the future, they are gonna re-release the film because of this...I hope not, but you know how companies can be...:P

TheGrimReaper

Some of the worst martial arts films I've ever seen are as follows (random order):

New fist of Fury

The prisoner

Iron Monkey 2

Drunken Master 3

American Ninja 3&4

Black Eagle

The Order

Derailed

Black Mask 2

Mr Nice guy

TibetanWhiteCrane

Any of Jackie's Hollywood movies, plus Fantasy mission force, Rumble in the Bronx and Mr. Nice guy!

Any movie starring Don Wilson, Olivier Gruner, Michael Dudikoff, Sho Kosugi, Chuck Norris, Seagal or Van Damme.... although American Ninja part 1, Bloodsport and Kickboxer has 80's cheese value, but they are not good movies!

Anything with Dragon Lee!

Any IFD film.... exept for Hwang Jang Lee's scene in Ninja Terminator!

Any crappy wire fu film from the 90's!

Xanda

Drunken Master 3

Soulbrothers of kung Fu

Iron Monkey 2................ I could go on and on!

The Duel Of Karate I know was one of the films you had to see in the early 70s.Could be badly dated now.If anyone has seen anything worse than Zodiac Fighters please let us know.Moviegyrl the films you listed can be termed as "classics" in comparison to Zodiac mess.

The Black Dragon V.S. The Yellow Tiger!! With some dude named Tarng Long?!:rolleyes: who had the worst nunchucku skills EVER recorded on film!! What a piece of S@#*!!!

NOTE: This movie was sooo bad, I not only want my money back(30 yrs later now), I want a personal apology from the theater, to every patron who wasted their $1.50, (back in the day), and suffered through this when we could have happily faced a firing squad instead. I've never heard this one, single word so much at the movies...

...BOO!!!

:mad:

Black List (1972) wasn't a great movie. I was expecting more from Chen Sing and Chan Wai-Man and I felt totally ripoff-ed. Thank God I bought the movie for only a buck under the name Ninja Terminator (old VHS)

Rivals of the silver Fox? Casanova Wong and Ko Fei in a disgustingly horrible film with nothing to recommend it bar like two kicks by Casanova

gravedigger666

If there is worse than Eagle Shadow Fist I want to see before believe.

Bad fighting,cheap costumes,bad acting,storyline&dialogue was written in 5sth minutes.nothing positive there.

Morgoth Bauglir

I just watched Killer Meteors last night and it was mighty difficult to sit through. Luckily, it did finally come to an end.

Morgoth Bauglir
Black List (1972) wasn't a great movie. I was expecting more from Chen Sing and Chan Wai-Man and I felt totally ripoff-ed. Thank God I bought the movie for only a buck under the name Ninja Terminator (old VHS)

Does Chen Sing fight Fong Yeh at the end? That movie is definitely one of the worst.

Does Chen Sing fight Fong Yeh at the end? That movie is definitely one of the worst.

That's the one...thank god both Chen and Fong would go on to better films..a lot better films!!!