What is the worst MA film you have watched?

Guest shukocarl

Guest jmungus

shaolin monk is hmmm.... very decent, nothing special. like it too.

cool its been brought up tho, saves me some time later tonite, otherwise i`d have to twist my mind once again about which old skoolie to feed the player with.

but im thinking we re starting to getting way off topic here the longer this thread keeps on going.

new legend is good stuff, shaolin monk certainly doesnt belong here ("worst kf movie ever") either, 7th curse doesnt belong here at all, as its neither kf nor is it bad in any way (now theres one of MY personal alltime cult camp faves)... oh wait...... dragon lee vs the 5 brothers :eek okay, we might be getting our act back together- now thats a) old school kf and B) baaad :\ :b (besides, afair, theres hardly any dragon lee in it in the first place :x )

Guest morgoth

Yeah, I shouldn't have listed a good movie like seventh Curse. New Legend of Shaolin made me think of it I guess.

To get back on track, I name Angela Mao's 'The Association' as one of the worst ever. Usually when a movie has that much nudity, I enjoy it a little, but this movie blew big time.

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster
new legend is good stuff,

I agree. I recommended it to Shaolin Dog Paw as a Jet Li movie that he might enjoy, not as a candidate for being the worst martial arts movie.

Guest Shaolin Dog Paw

so whats up with NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN, is it seriously bad? in what ways?

Ill give a couple of jets movies a try, i have good taste too but my bad taste usually forces me to watch movies with the word Ninja in it. I really liked Jet in Hero, Danny the Dog, and Fearless because he really showcases his acting talent imo. I just never really liked seeing him in run of the mill kung fu roles, to me, he was always cooler in modern movies. With the exception of Fearless which was an excellent movie.

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster
so whats up with NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN, is it seriously bad? in what ways?

No, it's a good (but weird) movie. It starts off looking like a LONE WOLF AND CUB ripoff, then it starts throwing crazy stuff like a magic villain who rides around in spikey metal car (This is a period movie, BTW), little kids fighting, and there's even a segment in a stereotypical "spooky wax museum."

to whet your appetite.

I've also heard that the LEGEND OF THE RED DRAGON version cut out some scenes involving chicken butts and some other stuff, but I've never seen the NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN version and I can't say if that's true or not.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
have heard the Xenon version is not the real Killer Priest

Give that man a cigar! Actually I just watched this film thinking I'd got Killer Priest, and ya know what that's just what I got, but this is where the misinformation comes in. The plot described on the back cover of the DVD: Killer Priest is actually the plot for Shaolin Monk. Not privy to this supremely stupid mistake on Xenon's part I picked the flick up just to have it on DVD and put it on my shelf! A few years later, like a month and a half ago I put it in to watch with my girlfriend (explaing the story an how cool some of it is), and wallah! The Killer Priest, a Chen Sing flick I'd never seen before (nor care to again to be quite honest!).

Shaolin Monk on Tai Seng DVD is the flick described on the back of the Killer Priest DVD Xenon released and the flick has some very cool dialogue, good story, and some pretty good fighting (outlandish as it is) between Kao Fei and Chen Sing. The story seems loosely based on one of the first monks of shaolin.

Guest Lei Kung

Hope I don't piss anyone off, but the movie I absolutely hated the most was Revenge of the Ninja with Sho Kosugi. The majority of it was so ridiculous I couldn't even laugh at how bad it was. It's the only movie I've ever given away.

Guest morgoth

I have never really been able to watch Sho Kosugi stuff. But Shaolin Invincibles, that's not even close to being the worst kung fu movie ever!

... But Shaolin Invincibles, that's not even close to being the worst kung fu movie ever!

Not even close?

Okay.

I don't agree, but then have you ever seen a little something called Rebels Under Seige, the dubbed version?

Guest morgoth

No, haven't heard of it, but I could name literally hundreds of old school movies that are worse than Shaolin Invincibles. I love it, but do realize it is not a good movie or anythign.

No, haven't heard of it, but I could name literally hundreds of old school movies that are worse than Shaolin Invincibles. I love it, but do realize it is not a good movie or anythign.

To be honest, I have to agree it's not the absolute worst.

The dubbed Rebels Under Seige is worse. And even that's probably not the absolute worst.

And there are others that pissed me off that couldn't be called the absolute worst either.

Someone mentioned Deadly Snail vs KungFu Killer before.

Truly a smellorama. But the absolute worst? I doubt it.

I think I just get torqued off when anyone screws around with the genre by introducing kungfu apes or big deadly snails or over the top cheesy dubs.

Guest Lei Kung

So this movie Deadly Snail's, it actually has killer snails in it, or is this a style?

I actually like Nine Demons. I can understand why a lot of people hate it though.

Teahouse

As in "The Teahouse" with Chen Kuan Tai? I hope not, this is probably my all time favortie non-martial-arts-movie-starring-an-actor-who-did-mostly-martial-arts-movies.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah General Stone is aweful, not even Tan Tao Liang could save that crap! Those stone warriors come to life sure weren't hittin on much....

Guest rederror

Im more into classic kung fu movies but i saw Black Eagle many years ago with Van Damme and that Sho Kosugi bloke...It sucked...MAJOR!!!! anyone sean it?