What is the worst MA film you have watched?

Guest shukocarl

On 1/3/2008 at 4:24 AM, ironfistedmonk said:

Nine Demons

I think that was OK. Not great but have seen dozens of worse. Good action, seen movie just once years ago from UK dvd but recall end fight with fighters floating was quite meh otherwise no complaints. Should view it again soon.

• Like 3

Gymkata (1985)

An hour and a half of my life that I will never get back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8DiagramAuntieFighter

I personally like some of the movies that some of the Bruce Lee clones have starred in, but “Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave” makes me feel dirty for liking them. I wonder what the people who knew & worked with Bruce were thinking when working on movies made only to exploit the man’s memory?

• Like 3

8DiagramAuntieFighter
On 6/14/2021 at 7:50 AM, AlbertV said:

Most of the Tapout-sponsored MMA films in the late 2000s and early 2010s were pretty bad as they tried too hard to capitalize on the sport. They should have watched Donnie Yen's films with MMA action to learn a thing or two about choreography, angles and editing. 

Then there's Circle of Fury and Gutter King, two more indie films that capitalized on both MMA and backyard-style brawling that were just unwatchable. 

It’s crazy that not a single genuine classic MMA film has released since the airing of UFC 1 & the popularity explosion of MMA in the mid 00’s. Boxing has several classics & even Pro Wrestling has “The Wrestler”. Wonder what’s the hold up? 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
On 1/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, morpheus said:

Gymkata (1985)

An hour and a half of my life that I will never get back.

No one ever does.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

DragonClaws
On 3/3/2022 at 3:08 AM, 8DiagramAuntieFighter said:

It’s crazy that not a single genuine classic MMA film has released since the airing of UFC 1 & the popularity explosion of MMA in the mid 00’s.

Has anyone ever compiled an exact list of all the MMA films there have been in the last 22 years?. Have you had a chance to watch Warrior - (2011) starring Tom Hardy & Nick Nolte?.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2022 at 6:08 AM, 8DiagramAuntieFighter said:

It’s crazy that not a single genuine classic MMA film has released since the airing of UFC 1 & the popularity explosion of MMA in the mid 00’s. Boxing has several classics & even Pro Wrestling has “The Wrestler”. Wonder what’s the hold up? 

The closest to MMA are Warrior, Never Back Down 1-3 (NBD 4 was not that great IMO), and Brothers (Bollywood remake of Warrior, no dance numbers in it) 

• Like 3

AlexanderFu

I watched 'Snake in the Crane's Shadow' last night and it was a mess!!!

But it had all my favorite actors in it, so I didn't mind.

• Like 4

8DiagramAuntieFighter
On 3/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

Has anyone ever compiled an exact list of all the MMA films there have been in the last 22 years?. Have you had a chance to watch Warrior - (2011) starring Tom Hardy & Nick Nolte?.

Dang. How could I forget. Haven’t seen Warrior since I saw it on cable 10 years ago, but I definitely remember thinking it was great. I should check it out again.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, AlbertV said:

The closest to MMA are Warrior, Never Back Down 1-3 (NBD 4 was not that great IMO), and Brothers (Bollywood remake of Warrior, no dance numbers in it) 

Yeah. I thought NBD 1 was entertaining for what it was, but I personally like the sequels a bit better. A Bollywood remake of Warrior? Sounds like a good time. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 12:48 PM, AlexanderFu said:

But it had all my favorite actors in it, so I didn't mind.

Is the late Dean Shek among your favorite actors?

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
6 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Is the late Dean Shek among your favorite actors?

Not my favorite but I appreciate him more now than I did the 1st few times I watched him in films.

I like him when he is serious more than some of the goofier roles.

• Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

There are quite a few stinkers... so bad, they Make Gymkata look good. Mostly a bunch of the 70'-early 80's Martial arts knock-offs of the successful Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Shaw films. Lets not even get into the horrible music and soundtracks. Now that I think of it, The movie "Invincible" with Billy Blanks was pretty horrible. 

• Like 3

KILL LINE (1991) with Bobby Kim, Korea’s answer to Charles Bronson, right down to the mustache and hairdo. One of the most charisma-free screen personalities in film history, backed up by one of the most inept cameramen in film history. Watch and marvel:

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
7 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Now that I think of it, The movie "Invincible" with Billy Blanks was pretty horrible. 

The 2020 version probably gives it some stiff competition.

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

KILL LINE (1991) with Bobby Kim, Korea’s answer to Charles Bronson, right down to the mustache and hairdo. One of the most charisma-free screen personalities in film history, backed up by one of the most inept cameramen in film history.

Agreed (I actually reviewed 'Kill Line' back in 2015), although in fairness all of Bobby Kim's movies sucked once he moved to Colorado. His 70's stuff in Korea is considerably more entertaining (@DragonClaws has reviewed many of them on here!).

• Like 4

On 3/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, AlexanderFu said:

I like him when he is serious more than some of the goofier roles.

Oh yeah, as sleazy and uncomfortable as the film itself is, Shek did a great job in Mantis Fists and Tiger Claws of Shaolin.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:48 PM, AlexanderFu said:

That said, I agree that the movie is not very good. I like Doris Lung being cute, but there isn't enough quality action to make for a recommendation. That, and the heroes are sleazebags, too. Too bad its retitling brings to mind a much, much better film.

• Like 3

Chinese Acupuncture Kung Fu (1988 - aka Damager) is probably the most incompetently edited movie on record.

• Like 2

Zodiac Fighters aka Shaolin Zodiac Fighters is a real turd in my opinion. What is the idea behind the movie "Fist of fear touch of death"  I saw it ages ago. Liked the poster but that's about it. Don't even remember anything significant about this film.

• Like 1