What is the worst MA film you have watched?

Guest shukocarl

Hard to name absolute worst but "fight among the supers" is really bad. Lots of crap comedy and very little kung fu. It has some OK stuff in last 10 minutes if it`s on youtube worth watching it maybe.

And I got it because of lu feng and chiang sheng :neutral:, at least black belt theater double feature has original audio track with quite easy to read subtitles and quality is fair. Other film in release "ninja fantasy" looks like crap vhs copy, unwatchable.

I hated Kung Fu Rebels, with its horrible (even by 1970s standards) comedy and mean-spirited violence against women (the villain violently murders a young fat girl, a 9-year girl, and the love interest).

Goose Boxer was a total peice of @#%$. Dont ever watch it! :x :x :x Im throwing up just starting to think about it i better leave bye. omg really

I actually thought that one had some of Tommy Lee's better work and the crane fist was excellent.

Does Chen Sing fight Fong Yeh at the end? That movie is definitely one of the worst.

Yeah, I also watched that one this year. Pretty bad stuff, really.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Fist of the Unicorn has to be one of the worst, in that you have Whang In Sik, Jae Hoon Ji and Yasuaki Kurata all wasted in their roles, as well as Bruce Lee helping out, all to make a really crappy movie. Their are movies with worse fights and bad acting, but very few that squander so much. Shoot, Jackie Chan is in it too! And the little kid is Mang Hoi! All so Unicorn could get his chance at top billing. You can't polish a turd. That takes work to make a bad movie like that!

Been long time since I saw it but I also think goose boxer was not that bad. Kung-fu from sex manual was lame as hell but white crane villain left me quite good overall impression of that flick.

Secret Executioner

How about 18 Bronzegirls ? That one is some insane shit - some nice action at points though, but overall... CRAZY !!!! :tongue:

legendarycurry

Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death. Martial arts "Documentary" about Bruce Lee, filld with a bunch of BS, fake staged interviews that try to be "edgy", embarrasingly put together false interview footage with Bruce lee that dubs his voice over and uses sepia color filters to make it appear as old interview footage, disrespectful speculation and straight up misinformation. This is a self-proclaimed documentary that described Bruce lee as "coming from a long line of samurai warriors". absolute garbage.

Secret Executioner
Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death. Martial arts "Documentary" about Bruce Lee, filld with a bunch of BS, fake staged interviews that try to be "edgy", embarrasingly put together false interview footage with Bruce lee that dubs his voice over and uses sepia color filters to make it appear as old interview footage, disrespectful speculation and straight up misinformation. This is a self-proclaimed documentary that described Bruce lee as "coming from a long line of samurai warriors". absolute garbage.

I read about the interview thing (someone dubbed Bruce's interviews that he gave in English to begin with !!) and apparently, this film also had excerpts from some Wu xia pian used as supposed footage from his youth. Never watched this one, but it looks dreaful.

As far as worst I've seen, I couldn't tell - there are few MA films I didn't enjoy (usually some lousy independent stuff from the mid-to-late 1970s) but I couldn't pinpoint one in particular.

legendarycurry

I read about the interview thing (someone dubbed Bruce's interviews that he gave in English to begin with !!) and apparently, this film also had excerpts from some Wu xia pian used as supposed footage from his youth. Never watched this one, but it looks dreaful.

As far as worst I've seen, I couldn't tell - there are few MA films I didn't enjoy (usually some lousy independent stuff from the mid-to-late 1970s) but I couldn't pinpoint one in particular.

Fist Of Fear was so dreadful that I was actually unable to finish watching it, just popped the disc out and returned to the friend I had borrowed it from the next day. I rate 0 out of 10. I think it may have actual been part of the IMDB's bottom 250 films list at some point.

Guest Anonymous

Oh my gosh I hated that movie but it is hilarious!! It has cool cover art though with bruce lee and the way the words look.

Yeah, it is like a story documentary. So a story about a documentary. Very weird. And so much footage of a Madison Square Garden martial arts demo.

BiggWill1988

Yea Fist of Fear Touch of Deathis unwatchable

Yea Fist of Fear Touch of Deathis unwatchable

I cant imagine how this affects the people who were/are close to him feel about all of that crap.

BiggWill1988

Yea i was thinking that too, that one was pure disrespectful I was shaking my head in disgust with the first few seconds of watching

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Not sure about the worst ever, but I am not a fan of Five Elements Ninjas. I usually love schlocky comic book OTT movies, but this was so badly done it took every ounce of me to get through twice when I realized Chen Hui Min was the bad guy.

Outside of the always awesome Chen Hui Min (who was grossly underused), I am not a fan of this movie for reasons beyond the ninjas. Most of the acting was pretty bad and the one interesting good character was killed off way too soon (Brother Li, the alliance's second in command.)

I really get the sense that Chang Cheh had no idea what to do with Lo Mang post 1979. Thank goodness Sun Chung and Tony Liu Jin Guk gave him wonderful roles that moved beyond the gullible hero.

My threshold for schlock and bad acting is very, very high, but this was one of those very few films I hope I forget.

Not sure about the worst ever, but I am not a fan of Five Elements Ninjas. My threshold for schlock and bad acting is very, very high, but this was one of those very few films I hope I forget.

Blasphemy!!! The Shaw Gods are not pleased with you.

Just kidding, or course, but I do like that movie. I think it's a lot of fun.

Gymkata, on the other hand and on second viewing, is poop. I used to think it was fun, but it doesn't hold up well anymore for me. Although the pommel horse rock formation is always worth a few laughs. This movie is just so bad it's not even bad in a good way.

:rofl lol the Shaw Gods!! actually we DON't want to piss them off or they will stop releasing the old films o is it the Celestial angels we should fear!!??? :laugh:thinking (making sure to not piss either off!!)

at the risk of offending the gods and angels, I really didn't like Gordon Liu in Hero's of the East. It wasn't the worst ever but it comes to mind when I think of bad movies ( :thinking trying not to offend Gordon!!)

Guest Anonymous

Just kidding, or course, but I do like that movie. I think it's a lot of fun.

Gymkata, on the other hand and on second viewing, is poop. I used to think it was fun, but it doesn't hold up well anymore for me. Although the pommel horse rock formation is always worth a few laughs. This movie is just so bad it's not even bad in a good way.

I agree. Lazy Jin Szu-Yi is just flat out wrong about 5 Element Ninjas. As a real martial arts obsessed fan i cannot fathom how you could say that movie sucked. That was one of the best Shaw Brothers made. AAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Now about Gymkata, that movie is freaking awesome!! Awesome because it is sooooo stupid an I have memories watching it on TNT with my sister and also at friends houses when it came on. The whole concept of some race/game and some ninjas (we thought they were ninjas at least) and the crazy bad guy who looked like a viking, and the whole village of the crazies scene was insane!! This movie was soooooo stupid, soooo cheesy, but awesomely hilarious and so worth a watch. It is so fun because it so campy. I always talk about Gymkata with people an the music freaking rules!!! I could hum that all day and pretend fight to it all day as well. haha!

GYMKATA! GYMNASTICS AND KARATE!!! DUN DUN DUN DUNNN DUNNN!!!

DragonClaws

Ive sat through a lot of duds over the years but its hard to pick one out as the worst. Ninja Killer always springs to mind. True Game Of Death has to be up there in the top five at least. Fantasy Mission Force was pretty hard to sit through but some scenes especially the finale are so bad its funny. Maybe FMF is so bad its entertaining rather than just plain bad. Saying that I don't want to make a habit of watching the film.

Guest Anonymous
Ive sat through a lot of duds over the years but its hard to pick one out as the worst. Ninja Killer always springs to mind. True Game Of Death has to be up there in the top five at least. Fantasy Mission Force was pretty hard to sit through but some scenes especially the finale are so bad its funny. Maybe FMF is so bad its entertaining rather than just plain bad. Saying that I don't want to make a habit of watching the film.

I dont know FMF is kind of like torture, but it also shows how much strength you have to endure stuff.

Not sure about the worst ever, but I am not a fan of Five Elements Ninjas. I usually love schlocky comic book OTT movies, but this was so badly done it took every ounce of me to get through twice when I realized Chen Hui Min was the bad guy.

I agree. Lazy Jin Szu-Yi is just flat out wrong about 5 Element Ninjas. As a real martial arts obsessed fan i cannot fathom how you could say that movie sucked. That was one of the best Shaw Brothers made. AAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

:roflLazy Jin Szu-Yi :rofl she may kick your behind!! over that!! :rofl

Guest Anonymous

:roflLazy Jin Szu-Yi :rofl she may kick your behind!! over that!! :rofl

Wow, what a typo!!! I meant LADY!! HAHAHA! SOOO FUNNY! But then...maybe I want her to kick my butt...I might enjoy it.

:rofl lol the Shaw Gods!! actually we DON't want to piss them off or they will stop releasing the old films o is it the Celestial angels we should fear!!??? :laugh:thinking (making sure to not piss either off!!)

at the risk of offending the gods and angels, I really didn't like Gordon Liu in Hero's of the East. It wasn't the worst ever but it comes to mind when I think of bad movies ( :thinking trying not to offend Gordon!!)

OK, now you're just killing me!!!!!!!!!! :headbangHeroes of the East is one of the best Shaw movies EVER! I seriously can't even fathom how you could even consider calling it a bad movie.

The Shaw Gods have moved beyond being "not pleased" and are about to dish out some serious wrath! :devil:swearing

Now about Gymkata, that movie is freaking awesome!! Awesome because it is sooooo stupid an I have memories watching it on TNT with my sister and also at friends houses when it came on. The whole concept of some race/game and some ninjas (we thought they were ninjas at least) and the crazy bad guy who looked like a viking, and the whole village of the crazies scene was insane!! This movie was soooooo stupid, soooo cheesy, but awesomely hilarious and so worth a watch. It is so fun because it so campy. I always talk about Gymkata with people an the music freaking rules!!! I could hum that all day and pretend fight to it all day as well. haha!

It's funny but I used to feel the same way about it, but it's just different for me now. Maybe I was just in a bad mood when I watched it last.