The Killer 大殺手 (1972) aka Sacred Knives of Vengeance

chingli

It looks remastered, however someone added the wear and even cut the movie to shreds on this version.

Click previous pics for more images.

Oh well, so much for that idea. A widescreen version that's been severely cut is no better than the horrible pan and scanned version that's currently out there. Best I just forget about this film for now. :neutral:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't have to be remastered, I just want a widescreen version of this. Has there ever been a fan made dvdr in WS or are all vhs releases (German, Dutch etc.) in FS?

sadly all official VHS Versions are horrid Fullscreen... Warner Europe, King's Video Taiwan, World Video USA...

NoKUNGFUforYU

I have to think that this movie must have done poorly in Hong Kong, thus the lack of interest in remastering it. When I was 13, I thought this was brilliant, especially the throwing knives and the fight with Ku Feng as the Samurai. I watched the current version, and it is really, really poor. Too bad. Who knows, maybe sending a message to celestial would help?

most of the bootlegs from FLK are horrible, and they very often squash Fullscreen Transfers to make them fake Widescreen. i wouldn't dare burn my money there... and where should they get a true Widescreen Transfer? nothing they can steal, not even on VHS.

I have to think that this movie must have done poorly in Hong Kong, thus the lack of interest in remastering it. When I was 13, I thought this was brilliant, especially the throwing knives and the fight with Ku Feng as the Samurai. I watched the current version, and it is really, really poor. Too bad. Who knows, maybe sending a message to celestial would help?

from what i know it actually did very well in HK back then. there's no reason to bury it forever. and Celestial won't give a shit if you give them a message.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Just makes me wonder why as someone else did, why they would restore deadly knives or flight man, instead of The Killer? Oh well, who knows? Maybe someone can call over there and scream at them in Cantonese.

Guest Markgway

The Killer wasn't a massive hit, but it did OK; better than Pursuit, The Young Avenger, The Devil's Mirror, Finger of Doom, The Thunderbolt Fist, and The Imperial Swordsman, all of which were released by IVL. Shaw's worst performing film of 1972 was The Bride from Hell -- and, yes, that too was released on disc.

Archived