The Killer 大殺手 (1972) aka Sacred Knives of Vengeance

chingli

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want this movie widescreen, and remastered. So disappointed IVL didn't include it in it's release list, so many other Operas and comedys could have bit it instead of this film.

:nerd:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

What a great flix is 'Sacred Knives of Vengeance'.

Wonderfully directed by Chu Yuan. And very bloody.

Actually I may be confused here. What is the name of the lead male star of this movie.....maybe its not Wang Ping.....this is who I wish to focus on.. Some help Please.

This brings up some questions about Wang Ping the male lead (?).

What are his greatest Shaw efforts and anything else you all can share about this great Shaw kung fu movie star?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

The two male leads are Tsung Hua (Chung Wa) and Chin Han.

Tsung Hua is the Killer, Chin Han is the Inspector. Wang Ping is the girl. :)

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
The two male leads are Tsung Hua (Chung Wa) and Chin Han.

Tsung Hua is the Killer, Chin Han is the Inspector. Wang Ping is the girl. :)

Thanks OldTimer it is Tsung Hua whom this thread is directed for. Any info on him and his Shaw movies.

Thanks OldTimer it is Tsung Hua whom this thread is directed for. Any info on him and his Shaw movies.

The Killer. I've been waiting for Celestial to release this bad-boy remastered!

You can check out The Bastard with he and Lily Li. It's sort of a good flick, however, there is a great scene later in the movie where Tsung Hua literally puts a baddie through the floor! :bigsmile:

Funky soundtrack opening the film also, not unlike some Jimmy Wang Yu material.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Has a dvd come out of this? All I've seen is a crappy torrent from AT, looks like an old vhs transfer made from a crappy print.

sadly this was never released by IVL / Celestial altough it was fully remastered. what were they thinking? and not even Pay-TV Bootlegs yet, but every crapshit movie nobody wants gets torrented from these TV-Channels... and the ziieagle Trashbox with its low quality AVI Rips didn't include it... The movie is cursed.

sadly this was never released by IVL / Celestial altough it was fully remastered.

Curious. How do you know it was remastered?

It's offered in the Celestial Catalog for buyers so of course it must be remastered. Same goes for KILLERS ON WHEELS, which is perfectly remastered and still only available as VOD in France... anyone who's interested can licence it! but no, they go all for the same titles which are available a dozen times already in the world...

and yeah, Screeners may exist if you find someone at Celestial :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Killer Meteor

I'm surprised this didn't get to DVD, given it has some importance as the second (and last? ) Shaw film to be released in the States by Warners. I do have the tape.

as the movie is cursed anyway here another downer: a certain German Company that Released 2 Box Sets lately was SO close to get it licenced, but the involved TV-Station didn't want it: no stars, too violent, no Shaolin. i kid you not. it ALMOST worked out! and so they only got Movies without much bloodletting or which had a German FSK16 rating (KILLER was 18 and still cut back then). :squigglemouth:

I dont think they are gonna release this!! I had my heart set on it though! Got the Warner label vhs version for my 12th birthday back in the day..... aah the memories. But some prick bastard stole it!!

oh man you must have lost so much stuff over the years . I seem to remember you saying someone borrowed it and never gave it back or stolen. that really sucks.:squigglemouth:

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, guy borrowed a bunch of books, magazines and videos, then moved back to Turkey without telling me.

It doesn't have to be remastered, I just want a widescreen version of this. Has there ever been a fan made dvdr in WS or are all vhs releases (German, Dutch etc.) in FS?

It looks remastered, however someone added the wear and even cut the movie to shreds on this version.

Click previous pics for more images.

Archived