The Killer 大殺手 (1972) aka Sacred Knives of Vengeance

chingli

This is a very good shaw basher, when will this movie be released by celestial? I can't believe they waited so long to release this gem

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

I dont think they are gonna release this!! I had my heart set on it though! Got the Warner label vhs version for my 12th birthday back in the day..... aah the memories. But some prick bastard stole it!!

Man this is one movie i've waited for, and now i hear they are not releasing it! :mad:WTF!!!??? This is one of the very first kung fu films i've ever seen. I love Ku Feng as the Japanese villian at the end; campy as hell.

We three should campaign for it's release!!:D

venomchamber

There is a Cantonese language VHS release from WORLD VIDEO & SUPPLY INC. in 1991. The opening credits are in ShawScope, but the subtitles become unreadable directly afterwards when it zooms into full frame.

You might still be able to find it as a rental in Chinese videostores that still stock videotapes? There are very few (if any) nowadays.

I had the foresight to pick it up from one such store here in NY back in the '90s for $10 bucks when they would sell off their used tapes. Luckily, it was rarely rented and still plays good with very few drop-outs. I believe they have a website, so it wouldn't hurt to inquire if they have any backstock tapes collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere.

(*This company also released their films on Laser Disc, but I have never seen this title available from them in that format.)

Watched a portion of the World Video tape tonight. My friend has all three of these. There'll be a DVD-R of the English tape till someone decides to put out a legit release.

Thanks guys. I did have the UK Warner tape (now on a dvdr) but wanted a Celestial or Dragon Dynasty release if it was forthcoming?

Killer Meteor

Has it been remastered at least? I understand Celestial TV shows a restoration of Queen Boxer, which never made it to dvd

This is a great movie goddammit, I've got the crappy Warner video. In another Shaw thread it was revealed that it will not be realeased by celestial. . .

Chen Kuan Tai

Let's hope on a dvd release in the future. This great sb flick will definitely find the way on dvd. Time will come. :)

Maybe Celestial sells their rights of all not released titles. I think so or they will release it under another distributor (no more ivl).

I sincerely hope that is the case. This one really deserves a remastered release. The ending is up there with the best in terms of bloody brilliance in choreography. Actually could anyone reccommend any other titles with the star Chin Han?

HEROIC ONES

DUEL FOR GOLD

THE SWIFT KNIGHT (Chin Han is really good here playing a different kind of character)

BROTHERS FIVE

THE CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS (Unreleased Shaw basher movie. I haven't watched it yet but Chin Han is the main star in this).

... This one really deserves a remastered release.. Actually could anyone reccommend any other titles with the star Chin Han?

The Bastard, co-starring Lily Li. The ending here is not to be missed!

Chen Han puts one nemesis straight through the floor! :l

spannick,

Oh very nice, thanks for posting that trailer. A night and day difference coming from the full frame version.

Also what is the translation of the title, DIE BANDE DES GELBEN DRACHEN, into English? Normally I use babel fish for any language I can't get a translation for but in babel fish this is translated as "The Gang Yellow Kites", which sounds wrong. Just curious.

Archived