Recycled SB soundtracks

oldeschool17

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Morriconesque score for INTERRABANG (1969) I've heard on numerous movies and it's used extensively in Ti Lung's directorial debut YOUNG LOVERS ON FLYING WHEELS.

I checked it out and it's close but not quite the same. I believe Jack Trombey stole his themes from this movie though (happened all the time and sometimes it was better sometimes it just sounded like a cheap ripoff). His version sounds leaps and bounds better. It's identical in some parts. Also, I tried to buy the Trombey LP from the japanese site and they don't ship to the US.

Interrabang sounds unfamiliar but that's because I haven't seen that movie.

Things are starting to wind down. This may be the last one for a while. Oh and like I was saying, love that "Eros!"

Heroes Two - Ambushed - 6

Heroes Two - Ambushed Again - 8

Heroes Two - Hung Hsi Kuan Escaped - 2

Heroes Two - Hung vs Fang - 3

Heroes Two - Lord T'eh Hsiang the Monster - 5

Heroes Two - Main Theme - 1

Heroes Two - Not Welcome - 4

Heroes Two - United We Stand - 9

Heroes Two - You Called Me Brother - 7

Hey, Yu:D, the Ballad of the Pistolero you added as an extra is the opening track on the film. The actual Ballad of the Pistolero (both instrumentals) itself is longer by a minute. I've always been curious what Micalizzi's involvement was for this movie as Roberto Pregadio is credited onscreen. Lest this be another Morricone/Nicolai situation...thanks just the same for all your hard work.

No problem. I'm finishing up an "Uneasy Listening" CD. I'll post that up in a couple of days. If you liked most of this stuff so far then you'll like this too.

Does anyone know the name of this theme that was played during the movie "The Fists of Bruce Lee" starring Bruce Li and Lo Lieh where the blond-haired white guy kills this dude in the hotel room?

I think I may have heard it once before, but can't remember where. I'll see if I could upload the footage in case no one knows what I'm talking about.

Also, would anyone know what's the name of this particular theme that was played in Butterfly 18? I was watching Spongebob the other day with my niece and heard this theme played as well.

oldeschool17
Well well I'm back with even more.

"New Dawn" would've been good in Delightful Forest or Chinatown Kid. And WOW... "Promised Land" is a monster of a theatrical track! Enjoy.

Thanks so much for Promised Land. I always thought it was an awesome track. Great to finally put a name behind the tune.

oldeschool17

The rar is asking for a password. Could you list what that password is? Thanks

Better late than never. Here it is... "A Turn for the Worst" I had alot of fun making it I'm going to make a couple more sometime... drama and action.

Mark Pollard

BAMBOO HOUSE OF DOLLS theme on Youtube, originally scored by Ennio Morricone for IL GIARDINO DELLE DELIZIE (1967). I know Magicpoe already posted a rar file (a couple posts up). This is for folks who would like to simply listen to the track. It's yet another example of how SB puts assets, not always their own, to brilliant use.

pO7Us9cQknc

And here's the original German trailer for BAMBOO HOUSE OF DOLLS, posted on Youtube by Spannick.

eK8oaAhksn4

I listened to Romeo and Juliet and IL GIARDINO DELLE DELIZIE and couldn't recognize any. Which movie is Romeo and Juliet from? My drama cd is almost done too. My Shaw finds have completely dried up for now, but I'll up some if I get enough.

Haven't had a chance to peruse the score itself, but check at around 40 seconds in for this trailer. The music heard at the end of ROAR OF THE LION is heard as Wong Yu and Wang Lung Wei run out of the haunted house. This music is used in a number of other movies.

Guest brucelau

Hi

I'm japanese. There are not many Japanese sound track used by a kung fu movie, but it is this that I know.

HEROES TWO main theme originaly from 60's program TOBUBETSU SOUSA KIDOUTAI (Transrated:Special riot police?).

By the way, it is not SB work, does anyone Know the Main theme of LAST DUEL(Wang yu) IRON FIST(Chan Kwan Tai) where does it come from?

Welcome. I'm not sure how to go about this one. I tried translated searches but that's so hit or miss. I also tried "Special Riot Squad" and no luck. The japanese library music I did find is completely unrelated. Do you know what TV network it was on?

歓迎。 I' m本当に行く方法を約この1。 私は翻訳された調査that'を試みた; s従って当られるまたは失敗。 私はまた"を試みた; 特別な暴動Squad" そして運無し。 私が見つけた日本の図書館音楽は完全に無関係である。 どんなTVネットワークにあったか知っているか。

Archived