Recycled SB soundtracks

oldeschool17

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gravedigger666

I do not pay usually much attention to music scored but another I recall very well is "key scene" in final duel of Chinese Super Ninjas.Short piece of music but very mysterious,feels very well into atmosphere of movie.

dewolfeaddict

Yu,

Just to let you know, I was out of commission (sp?) for the last month in case you're wondering why I just dropped off the face of the planet like that.

Check your email later today... ;)

Cheers... p

Guest Brother Hon

Hi everyone!

You guys are quite knowledgeable about those old scores, maybe you can help me. Does anybody know the name of the music that is played in certain scenes throughout Kirk Wong's The Club (not a SB-film, sorry for being a little off-topic). Since those cues also appear in the English version of the film I guess those must be salvaged library tracks.

Here's a youtube-vid that includes the two tracks I'm looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StJvrsaZ7o

(at 02:53 and at 05:07)

Any help is much appreciated!

ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN (1967) uses an action theme from the US western DUEL AT DIABLO (1966).

FANGS OF THE COBRA (1977) makes extensive use of the Morricone theme from THE ADVENTURER (1964).

Not Shaw Brothers but I was watching WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES and there's a brief snippet of music taken from THE BLOB (1958).

Yu,

Just to let you know, I was out of commission (sp?) for the last month in case you're wondering why I just dropped off the face of the planet like that.

Check your email later today... ;)

Cheers... p

I'll keep an eye out.

Here's the Adventurer OST [courtesy of Morricone Lover] I haven't seen that movie and none of these sound familiar but you can verify if this is the right one. L'Avventuriero? And I couldn't find anything on Duel at Diablo. I guess it was never rereleased on CD.

And that doesn't ring a bell either Brother Hon. I'm unfamiliar with 80s cues.

I'll keep an eye out.

Here's the Adventurer OST I haven't seen that movie and none of these sound familiar but you can verify if this is the right one. L'Avventuriero? And I couldn't find anything on Duel at Diablo. I guess it was never rereleased on CD.

And that doesn't ring a bell either Brother Hon. I'm unfamiliar with 80s cues.

I have the piece on a Morricone CD entitled THE VERY BEST OF ENNIO MORRICONE. I'll download the OST and give it a listen.

I'll keep an eye out.

Here's the Adventurer OST I haven't seen that movie and none of these sound familiar but you can verify if this is the right one. L'Avventuriero? And I couldn't find anything on Duel at Diablo. I guess it was never rereleased on CD.

Hi, Yu. The first cut on this score is the one. Around 1:20 in you'll recognize the music which is used quite a bit in FANGS OF THE COBRA. DUEL AT DIABLO is on DVD here for a little over $10. It may be on encore westerns again soon. It was just the one piece of music. In OAS it plays when Wang Yu has his arm cut off and he is stumbling around in the snow.

LOL OMG! I must have been tired last night. I recognize track 5 now. I've actually been hoping I would find this one. It's from Savage 5. Also, track 2 if from 5 Shaolin Masters when they killed Li Shih Kai. Thanks venoms.

LOL OMG! I must have been tired last night. I recognize track 5 now. I've actually been hoping I would find this one. It's from Savage 5. Also, track 2 if from 5 Shaolin Masters when they killed Li Shih Kai. Thanks venoms.

Ha Ha, don't feel bad Yu, I was dead tired myself and I forgot to post the link for that DUEL AT DIABLO (1966) DVD. If you don't like westerns I wouldn't bother but it was a good movie and right violent in places and is from the same director of the incredibly cruel and vicious SOLDIER BLUE (1970).

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=5729250

Chinatown Kid

I burnt the 3 songs from Chinatown Kid from Simon Park, now if I could only find the theme song from CK played at the beginning to add to it, you know with the quirky music and the real rough/hoarse sounding voice of the guy singing in Chinese.

These compilations are great. Thanks for putting them together Can somebody reup Music From The Monastery II? It looks like the file was deleted.

Also, does anybody know what song was used at the beginning of Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang? I know that's not a Shaw movie, but that music was also used in some Shaw flix like My Young Auntie during the fight scenes. I'd really like to get my hands on that.

I burnt the 3 songs from Chinatown Kid from Simon Park, now if I could only find the theme song from CK played at the beginning to add to it, you know with the quirky music and the real rough/hoarse sounding voice of the guy singing in Chinese.

Don't know who ripped these but they were apart of the original KFF compilation from years ago.

I forgot sendspace doesn't last long. Somebody else will have to reup I only still have the rars for new finds 3-6.

Chinatown Kid

Thanks so much guys, much appreciated!:) Now I can go down the road in my car with the Chinatown Kid soundtrack blaring.:D

Archived