Recycled SB soundtracks

oldeschool17

I've found all the training music from Invincible Shaolin. It's in the archives somewhere. The Shaolin Mantis track (I think) you're talking about is called "Omen." I have it listed under another movie (Challenge of the Gamesters), but that's also in there.

The Invincible Armor intro is from Day of Anger... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjDAfVrRKfQ (and Kill Bill)

I don't have the 7 Grandmasters theme (unless you mean something other than the intro).

Yeah it's the intro I meant to say that I'm looking for.

Also with the Shaolin Mantis track, it's this one I'm seeking,it starts around the 6:17 mark here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GA2lLs2ak&feature=related

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if this theme from Shaolin Iron Claws was ever used in a Shaw Brothers film? I seem to remember hearing it in at least one other film, but it might not have been Shaws. I'm trying to find the original source. Sorry if it's common knowledge, but I couldn't find it in any of Yu_Xihongs 900+ tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwwJsrsiAQ

Oh I apologize... it's "Face at the Window" (Daredevils).Very similar tracks.

Yeah you're right, it does sound similar in the beginning.

Looking for the Thundering Mantis theme if you have it as well. Thanks.

Thanks Yu_Xihong for checking. I haven't found it yet, but I'm not giving up.

Do you by any chance, know what the original source for the track from New Shaolin Boxers called Career Criminals is? I just watched The Drug Addicts again and there are a couple other extended versions of it on there.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like something else I heard from Henry Mancini. Also, it's good to not give up, but it's even better to take a break. There are so many unreleased scores that will pop up down the line. I'm waiting for a few from Morricone, but I have no idea what they are... or when they'll appear.

Great stuff revisited!:yociexp98:

Read through this terrific thread and pulled out a few of the many, many fascinating and informative soundtrack notes.

And there are incredible music download links, start at the beginning of the thread, and follow along for a vault of sounds.

I wanted to add, or ask, that I believe there is a piece of music from "Na Cha the Great" as he walks in the processional, that is from "Dirty Harry"

Sure, fantastic thread, informative and interesting. Good point Mars, your good ear in Na Cha soundtracks... :smile:

Alexandra

"Monty Python's Flying Circus" used the "36th Chamber of Shaolin" theme for the "Attila the Hun Show" sketch. Theme is called "David And Goliath".

912JS66JoF4

I wonder if this CD is available in the stores

Amazon has both the CD and mp3 download (for a fraction of the cost)

Amazon has both the CD and mp3 download (for a fraction of the cost)

Thanks! :smile:

But...

Unreleased Shaw Brothers (OST) by Unreleased Shaw Brothers Soundtrack (Audio CD - 2008) - Import

Currently unavailable

(Amazon)

Auch!!! :squigglemouth:

Mark Pollard

Throughout Chang Cheh's VENGEANCE! (1970) I hear a slight variation on the first ten seconds of John Barry's theme to ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969).

ZHHg4001fGk

Archived