Recycled SB soundtracks

oldeschool17

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks here it is... a bit of advice. Download the 2nd one first if you don't have an RS account because it's a much smaller file so you won't have to wait nearly as long. As for the music, I'm on a roll! I found all of this in a little over a month. Great stuff in there, but don't take my word for it. 61 this time...

http://rapidshare.com/files/166364470/Xihongs_New_Finds_XII.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/166369755/Xihongs_New_Finds_XII.part2.rar

Just watched the 1967 Alfonso Brescia spaghetti western .32 CALIBER KILLER and it has a piece of music heard in numerous Shaw movies. MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS come to mind. The piece plays during the scene in which Kuo Chui and Chiang Sheng dressed as ghosts spook Yu Tai Peng.

I've used all my resources and struck out on this one. I've asked around about it so maybe someone will deliver. I'm very interested in adding it to the library. BTW, New Finds XIII is white hott already. Also, I'm glad to see people are getting both parts here and on the blog. Thanks for the tip.

Yu_Xihong,

I downloaded Part 12 a couple weeks ago and am now just getting a chance to sort through it. Excellent stuff. Looking forward to Part 13.

I've been listening to the new Kung Fu Super Sounds cd from DeWolfe

Thank you for your effort. It's appreciated.

You're welcome. New Finds XIII will be ready soon. I've found every "Calibro" OST (there's like 4-5 in all) except the one I need. It seems my ears fooled me on a couple of tracks. These weren't used in these movies... and 1 correction.

Invincible Shaolin - Forlorn (didn't come out til after this movie did)

Crippled Avengers - Jungle Song (similar but wrong to the real sound)

Eh I Forget - Tension Area is 5 Superfighters - Tension Area

Okay it's a done deal. I think I'm calling it quits. I've learned so much about this stuff and I'm reaching my limits. Some of this music is probably lost forever. I just recently got some insight into the older stuff and it's so obscure it's ridiculous. I'm fortunate to have found this much because it was mostly from the same company. @ Venoms5... I finally did get to hear Killer Calibro 32 and that cue was nowhere to be found. It could be for any number of reasons, but I gave it my all.

At about 700 files (originals, rips, and cds) I think I've had a good run. At the same time, I'm relieved that I've found most of what I set out to find in these 2+ years. In no way did I do it all on my own even though I got heavily invested in it in the past 6 months. Now I'm burnt out. I spend more time searching and restoring than actually listening to the finished product. So now it's time for ME to sit back and take it easy. And like I always say... ENJOY!

http://rapidshare.com/files/177332354/Xihongs_New_Finds_XIII.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/177344502/Xihongs_New_Finds_XIII.part2.rar

Download whichever you want first but be sure to get them both... each is roughly 100mbs.

New Finds XIII has some excellent stuff.

Nel Mar Dei Caraibi used in Kid with the Golden Arm was a nice addition to my collection.

Once again let me say I appreciate your efforts in compiling these. They are a NICE addition to my collection and I have it backup several times over should a hard drive failure occur.

Liu Chia Liang

Wow, i just stumbled on this tread and must say I am blow of my feet. Much respect to Yu_Xihong for his posts. I had the previous music but this is a great update.

I downloaded everything I could find in these treads but I don't think I found them all. This got me a little puzzeld from what is what and what goes where. Please help me out to complete everything!

So far I Found:

Xihongs New Finds xIII

Xihongs New Finds XII

Xihongs New Finds XI

Xihongs New Finds X

Xihongs New Finds vIII

Xihongs New Finds vII

Xihongs New Finds vI

Music from men from the monastery IV

Please help me to fill in the missing stuff.

Also I check the Hatembargo blog. There is a lot of stuff there as wel but for as far is I can see these uploads are different.

Hmm let's see if I can remember. The difference between here and the blog is that new finds has bonus tracks (cool stuff but you'll live if you don't get them). Music From the Monastery 1-4 (when I wasn't using an RS account) is all the stuff I had up to that point. Everything afterwards was New Finds. I had copies of each New Finds separate from the main folder but they were taking up too much space so I deleted them. I only keep the unreleased one. Despite what I said about taking a break... there is a New Finds 14/Encore No4, but I'm going to sit on this for a few months.

New Finds 13 = Encore No3

New Finds 12 = Encore No2

New Finds 11 and 10 (maybe) = Encore No1

New Finds 9< Yu Xihong Library #-Z

What you're missing is some earlier stuff. To be complete, I would start over with all blog files, but it's up to you. What's missing from here is New Finds 2-5 and Music From the Monastery 3. (It was probably) Magicpoe who reupped all the files at one point as his personal backup and I had to go in and download all of it just to get a few files I missed that he had from back before I started.

And thanks, I think this update is definitely a cut above the rest.

**********To avoid confusion, I advise anyone who hasn't been following along since the beginning to download Xihong Library on the blog instead of Music From the Monastery/New Finds.**********

I might be able to help if you could find some clips (I didn't see any on youtube). I haven't seen either of them. And here are some corrections...

Eh I Forget - Shinsuke and Osen = Death Duel

Kid With the Golden Arm - Walking into the Trap = Eh I Forget (wasn't a match)

Kid With the Golden Arm - Dark Mystery Section 8 = Eh I Forget (also not a match)

They sound so similar that they fit right in and I got them mixed up.

It's about that time...

Encore No4-1

Encore No4-2

Here are some corrections...

Eh I Forget - Tumulte = Human Lanterns

Gang Master - Agguato Notturno = Kid With a Tattoo (mixup)

Daredevils - Breakout No1 = Revolt No1 (the real name)

Rebel Intruders - Breakout No2 = Revolt No2 (the real name)

Masked Avengers - Breakout No9 = Revolt Link No9

Masked Avengers - Breakout No5 = Revolt Link No5

Enjoy!

I found some more stuff at the last minute so here's Part 3. Also, I realized some older ones sounded like crap and I now have better sounding replacements.

And sorry Ekisha, I've never come across that one in my search.

Corrections...

3 Evil Masters - Hasty Departure = Shaolin Prince

2 Champions of Shaolin - March Into History = Fist of the White Lotus

Godfather From Canton - String Ties = 3 Evil Masters

Great stuff revisited!:yociexp98:

Read through this terrific thread and pulled out a few of the many, many fascinating and informative soundtrack notes.

And there are incredible music download links, start at the beginning of the thread, and follow along for a vault of sounds.

I wanted to add, or ask, that I believe there is a piece of music from "Na Cha the Great" as he walks in the processional, that is from "Dirty Harry", and there is some music used in "New Shaolin Boxers" that is from "True Grit", I think. If I missed reading those in the thread, my apologies. I could be wrong.

Also, I know not many people have "Friends"(1974), which I recommend, there is a "groovy" almost acid rock piece, as if Buffalo Springfield meets Jefferson Airplane meets The Doors. ha. I will keep checking this awesome collection for it, but if it rings a bell, any info on that would be fun. Thanks.

Not sure. It's a safe bet it's library music though. I remember some others...

The music in THE MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS is library music. When I was in school we watched a filmstrip version of LORD OF THE FLIES and many of the cues in MR was in this filmstrip. The opening bit just before Lu Feng fights the first guy that music is from the Italian horror flick WEB OF THE SPIDER (1973).

The music that plays at the end of CONVICT KILLER was utilized in a Saturday morning cartoon called BLACKSTARR a sort of Conan mixed with He-Man trappings. I assume it was stock music as well.

Also, music from HORROR EXPRESS (1972), the excellent British/Spanish horror flick starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Telly Savalas can be heard in ROAR OF THE LION (1981) among others.

Also, music from the British horror flick THE BLOOD BEAST TERROR (1967) can be heard in numerous kung fu movies.

The music and themes used in a lot of Venoms flicks is DeWolfe studio library music, the main ones queried in the OP are DeWolfe pieces from what I can tell. I have a feeling that soundtrack CD will contain a lot of familiar Venoms themes (rather than stuff ripped from Euro movies or prog bands, etc.) as it seems to be a DeWolfe release, similar to the likes of the general DeWolfe "Bite Hard" CD released a couple of years back that incidentally contains a few recognisable Shaw bits and bobs in its running.

Magnificent Ruffians also very notably rips some score off Bernard Hermann's absolutely masterful Taxi Driver soundtrack. Those dark-spine-tingling orchestral swells you hear as they bring out Lu Feng's spear towards that finale, if I remember rightly without a double-check. Phenomenal score - made the scene a bit more ooomphy. Shit, I love this score with DeNiro in the mix, but (and despite the minute brevity of that used), that sound, the venoms, and a big old golden kwan do... that's that good stuff.

The TAXI DRIVER music is used in some others, too. The opening theme I've heard in numerous KF movies. I'd have to look at it again to refresh my memory.

That would be a cool CD to get. I'll see if amazon US has it.

Speaking of THE BIG GUNDOWN theme used in SECRET RIVALS, Chang Cheh's THE SAVAGE FIVE features music from the Morricone score for DEATH RIDES A HORSE (1968).

The Water Margin: Much of the score is from Uriah Heep's album Salisbury

Five Shaolin Masters: The villian's theme sounds like an electronic re-working of Cheyenne's theme in Once Upon A Time In The West

Sons Of Good Earth: The music that plays during the final battle is from Goldfinger - "Dawn Raid on Fort Knox"

Trail Of The Broken Blade (Chinese version only), the music that plays as Chen Hung Lieh and his men ride to the village is from Zulu

The Lizard (Chinese version only) - Pink Floyd's One Of These Days is in some of the action set pieces

Black Magic - Tangerine Dream's Rubycon makes several appearences, often mized with another track

Daredevils: The Venom's theme is a DeWolfe track called Masks of Death and can be heard on the Trunk soundtrack album to Dawn Of The Dead

And now as a bonus, the Secret Rivals theme with lyrics - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzDsvoqD0oI

Also thanks for using the English dub for the recording of some. Its just awesome. Still I would love to know the origins of Li Shih Kai from 5SM. Still it will be great to rock the ipod with!

Brave Archer 2 :) Monty Python :)

Hi, Yu. One of the cuts from the DAIMAJIN/MARCO POLO tracks is actually a piece from TERROR OF MECHA-GODZILLA. Nice work, BTW.

ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN (1967) uses an action theme from the US western DUEL AT DIABLO (1966).

FANGS OF THE COBRA (1977) makes extensive use of the Morricone theme from THE ADVENTURER (1964).

Not Shaw Brothers but I was watching WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES and there's a brief snippet of music taken from THE BLOB (1958).

Not long after that post I found an excellent review by Randall Larsons @ http://www.buysoundtrax.com/larsons_soundtrax.html

I'm leaning more towards getting it now. Some of those I definitely don't have... but I might soon after this next batch of LPs comes in the mail about the same time this comes out. :monkey10 I wonder if it will be import only. It would make my day to just be able to walk into FYE and pick it up.

Hi

I'm japanese. There are not many Japanese sound track used by a kung fu movie, but it is this that I know.

HEROES TWO main theme originaly from 60's program TOBUBETSU SOUSA KIDOUTAI (Transrated:Special riot police?).

By the way, it is not SB work, does anyone Know the Main theme of LAST DUEL(Wang yu) IRON FIST(Chan Kwan Tai) where does it come from?

I'm still at it. I'll be releasing my final climactic volume much later this year. I used to release them every month then things slowed down dramatically. I'll follow up your leads when I get a chance. I had True Grit and I know 1 track was used in The Young Avenger. My laptop crashed last week and with it went like 95% of my files. Some were backed up though. Anyway, I'm out of the loop on Shaw Bros, but I saw a recent referrer from here on my blog tracker and checked it out. Eh, I'm glad I'm not forgotten.

Thanks for the update Yu Xihong, there is such a wealth of info and sounds in the thread, really appreciate your work. The scores and soundtracks, borrowed or not, play a large part in the Shaw Brothers films.

I'm still at it. I'll be releasing my final climactic volume much later this year. I used to release them every month then things slowed down dramatically. I'll follow up your leads when I get a chance. I had True Grit and I know 1 track was used in The Young Avenger. My laptop crashed last week and with it went like 95% of my files. Some were backed up though. Anyway, I'm out of the loop on Shaw Bros, but I saw a recent referrer from here on my blog tracker and checked it out. Eh, I'm glad I'm not forgotten.

EDIT: N/M I found the Rapidshare User file. I can't believe I signed up for Rapidshare, good music will make you do weird things lol.

Jackie Fhan

http://rapidshare.com/users/3UR2GP

Found this a while ago, should be something there for anyone I'd imagine. I haven't been able to download it all yet (MY HDD) is full, but it would be nice to know others have it all incase any of it is ever taken down. I don't think most of this is on any stores to buy etc, so it is ok here?

Anyone have the Delightful Forest? That menu music rocks so hard...

There was a topic where those were mentioned. The individual who compiled them is a member of this board. I can't recall the name of the topic but if you do some searching you might find it, and it may reveal what it is in each zip.

wizard12220

Yes, that one is our member YuXihong collections. You should check it out. You can make some individual SB movies from that collection.

I think his blog is hatembargo.blogspot.com

Thanks for the links, glad to see the theme from 5 Shaolin Masters in clear quality.

Also looking for the following themes if they exist:

Invincible Armour theme

Seven Grandmasters theme

Invincible Shaolin training theme

The track that plays when David Chiang's wife and him talk about taking on Liu Chia Yung in Shaolin Mantis.

I've found all the training music from Invincible Shaolin. It's in the archives somewhere. The Shaolin Mantis track (I think) you're talking about is called "Omen." I have it listed under another movie (Challenge of the Gamesters), but that's also in there.

The Invincible Armor intro is from Day of Anger... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjDAfVrRKfQ (and Kill Bill)

I don't have the 7 Grandmasters theme (unless you mean something other than the intro).

Archived