Best DVD version of Swordsman II?

JustinB

What is best version of Swordsman II currently available on DVD? From what I've read, the Optimum version is the best, but is missing the original color filters (see http://www.hkcinemagic.com/fr/page.asp?aid=146&page=2). I noticed Tai Seng released a new version recently - is this just the recent Mei Ah remaster with Ric Myers' commentary added?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optimum is superior in picture quality in every aspect except for being PAL and lack of original color filter.

Tai seng's version is the exact same version as the Mei Ah in a DVD5, which means more video compression. It is horrible on a big screen, high resolution TV.

I own both versions, Optimum to watch with friends and family, Tai seng version I keep because of the nostagic feeling. However if you to get one, I highly recommend Optimum version. Do not support Tai Seng, let them rot away into oblivion like the Backstreet Boys

I have the Optimum Pal dvd and am very happy with it, anamorphic good quality and you can get it on Ebay cheap.

SWORDSMAN 2 EBAY

There is also a box set from HK with Swordsman 2 + 3 but not seen it so cant comment on the quality.

Archived