Recurring themes in kung fu movies

ironfistedmonk

ironfistedmonk

Here's a thread that doesn't involve a top 10 super kicker!

I watched a couple of movies last night which featured themes I had seen in other films starring the same actors. Black Panther featured a couple, Chen Sing breaking out of prison yet again and Kurata doing a runner from the hero for the end fight.

Prison Break has got nothing on old Chen Sing, I can't remember the titles of the other films he has bust out (did he break out of prison in Bloody Fists?) but I seem to remember him doing this on a regular basis in his bashers, the guy is a master escape artist :cool:

And Kurata must be one fit dude cos every basher I see him in he always ends up in a chase scene with the hero and him legging it through the city/countryside, no wonder he was in such great shape.

Lo Lieh also seems to have a theme of bust up hands in his movies, King Boxer, The Fugitive and Mad Monkey Kung Fu spring to mind.

Are there any other actors you guys can think of who seem to end up doing the same things in their movies?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ironfistedmonk

• Tosh

• Endsang

• Cognoscente

Lo Meng often ends up dying heroically, like in Two Champions Of Shaolin and 5 Element Ninjas.

Fung Hark On often gets portrayed as a dirty rapist (poor guy), like in Iron Fisted Monk and Magnificent Butcher.