Ip Man

Milkyway

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all I can say is, there is no way this won't be the year's best martial arts film! Wilson Yip is a great director, and their past collaborations have ranged from highly entertaining to excellent, so I'm confident that this one will veer towards the excellent level.

While the actual historical account of Yip Man and his challenges will be, shall we say, exaggerated, this does look like it could, and I hope I don't jinx things by saying this, an equal to Fist Of Legend!

Sorry then. But it does say trailer and not teaser, so I thought I was doing my good, upright deed for the day. Any other useless info I can add?

Sorry then. But it does say trailer and not teaser, so I thought I was doing my good, upright deed for the day. Any other useless info I can add?

haha, replied to Simon. Don't worry.

The movie looks pretty interesting but I'm still not sure what to think of the action scenes. Looked as if there were too many close up angles when contact is made and the aerial moves looked like they used wires. I thought it looked kind of odd seeing Donnie pound away with punches on somebody on the floor. I hope it turns out to be a good martial arts movie.

Guest Yi-Long
If it's as good as SPL and Flashpoint I'll be there. Yen is still the top man in MA movies if you ask me.

I prefer Tony Jaa, as far as action is concerned.

I prefer Tony Jaa, as far as action is concerned.

I somewhat agree, but Jaa needs to get some more movies under his belt before he is crowned the next king of KF, that is if he can overcome his setbacks.

Guest Yi-Long
I somewhat agree, but Jaa needs to get some more movies under his belt before he is crowned the next king of KF, that is if he can overcome his setbacks.

Ofcourse, but these are just his first movies, and the first one had some groundbreaking stuff in it, and his second was already an improvement on the first, action-wise, with a lot more variety. It really showed a huge ambition to give us action we've never seen before.

Donnie Yen was very mediocre for many years (a few great movies excepted ofcourse) , and is only now, the last couple of years, really turning out some good movies with original, good action. So Tony is doing very well for a beginner! :D

I agree Donnie Yen has finally found his own formula after many years of testing and testing. Which is good, he has been working hard.

Tony Jaa has proved to have everything to be the next big thing, but i honestly feel he's not "up there" yet with Jackie, Sammo, Jet Li or Donnie Yen.

Archived