Ip Man

Milkyway

I read about his potential career only behind the scenes as well and well, even if he doesn't plan to act anymore and works only on the set, it's all good. He choreographed some pretty good fights he wasn't starring in like THE TWINS EFFECT, PROTEGE DE LA ROSE NOIRE, ALEX RIDER: OPERATION STORMBREAKER. So he definitely can do wonders just behind the scenes.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's just saying that because he's suffering from an injury. I bet he'd say something different about this once he'll get fine again, lol! I still remember the case when he expressed that he'd retired very soon because Flash Point gave him some major injuries, but then he acted in both EMPRESS and PAINTED SKIN and stated that he wanted to act in movies as much as possible.

Very minor updates on Yip Man

-- Yip Man --

Simon Yam, who is quietly filming Yip Man, went shopping during his time off on April 7 night. A reporter interviewed him. He said that he'd be playing Nicholas Tse's father in Storm Riders 2. He's going to Thailand in June to join the production.

Charlene Choi and Nicholas Tse have already flown to Thailand to shoot Storm Riders 2. Charlene Choi says that her other project is Butterfly Lovers, originally meant for Gillian Chung. She confirms news about Gillian Chung auditioning for Hollywood projects. She says that Gillian Chung is taking enrichment course overseas, part of which includes martial arts training. She feels lonely about not having her buddy and work partner Gillian Chung around.

Right now, Simon Yam's in Chedun Soundstage in Shanghai filming Yip Man. He's sporting a unique hairstyle. He told the reporter that he's the number 2 lead, and that the film takes place in the 1930s. He'll show everyone a completely different Simon Yam, one never seen before. As for the number 1 male lead and the details concerning the film, he couldn't reveal anything. The production is very strict about non-disclosure. Filming wraps up in July.

Over at Li Qi Long's blog, he mentioned on March 29 about having done a whole day of shoot with Donnie Yen over a pile of coal. His subsequent blog entries relate to the charity school he's running, about finding TV/film projects for his students and attending a variety show.

2008_04_03_Yip_Man.jpg

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/481-Very-Minor-Updates-on-Yip-Man.html

vonhumboldtfleisher

I really like Wilson Yip's work, and much prefer it to Wong Kar-Wai's apparently endless series of films about people sitting around looking bored and smoking.

I read about his potential career only behind the scenes as well and well, even if he doesn't plan to act anymore and works only on the set, it's all good. He choreographed some pretty good fights he wasn't starring in like THE TWINS EFFECT, PROTEGE DE LA ROSE NOIRE, ALEX RIDER: OPERATION STORMBREAKER. So he definitely can do wonders just behind the scenes.

... and do not forget his great sword choreography in Princess Blade!:D Very good stuff there.

I'm looking forward to see him work behind the camera. not that I don't mind seeing him retire any sooner (he better make more groundbreaking movies and really be at his peak when the day comes) but he's got many talents beside that which is great.

Li Qi Long Challenges Fan Siu Wong in Yip Man

-- Yip Man --

On Saturday afternoon, on the set of 'Yip Man', under martial arts choreographer's Sammo Hung's coaching, Li Qi Long and Fan Siu Wong begin going through the moves for a duel between them. Li Qi Long is training very hard, trying to get himself fully prepared. This scene will be shot in a day or two, and Li Qi Long is set to bring about an exciting bout between Fan Siu Wong and him. Following this might be the exchange between Li Qi Long and Donnie Yen.

2008_04_06_Yip_Man_Li_qilong_Fan_Siu_Wong_ql.jpg

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/484-Li-Qi-Long-Challenges-F an-Siu-Wong-in-Yip-Man.html

Guest parker

I was wondering if anybody could tell me where I could buy a copy of a film called The tattooed dragon (1972) with Jimmy Wang yu and Seven to One, which is another oldie from First Films back catalogue?

Donnie Yen Immerses Himself in Yip Man

--Yip Man --

On the set of Yip Man, actor Donnie Yen was seen busying himself, running about, and giving instructions intently, such as completely immersing himself in teaching a kid, while martial arts director Sammo Hung appeared to be more relaxed, seated comfortably in a chair.

2008_04_14_01_Yip_Man_16.jpg

2008_04_14_02_Yip_Man_16.jpg

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/493-Donnie-Yen-Immerses-Himself-in-Yip-Man.html

Xing Yu Finishes Filming His Part for Yip Man

-- Yip Man --

After busy shooting on the set of 'Yip Man' for the entire May Day holiday, Xing Yu has finally completed his role as Martial Zealot Lin by the following day. He wishes everyone a happy May Day and says that he has benefited tremendously from working with Sammo Hung, Donnie Yen and Wilson Yip again, his acting and screen fighting ability being taken to the next levels. Xing Yu would be resting for a few days before joining another film. He says he'd continue to work hard and strive to present more quality works.

2008_04_19_01_Yip_Man_xy.jpg

2008_04_19_02_Yip_Man_xy.jpg

2008_04_19_03_Yip_Man_xy.jpg

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/496-Xing-Yu-Finishes-Filming-His-Part-for-Yip-Man.html

shelliegal

yea!! never get tired of watching donnie!

can you imagine hong kong movies without the likes of donnie, sammo, jackie, etc? yikes! scary thought! sorry OT...

so then has it been confirmed that this will be a 2008 release? somewhere I read it was planned for Lunar New Year 2009, but the above post states December 19, and on Donnie's official site it's listed as a 2008 movie. I hope so, then there will be less time waiting, and we'll get 3 Donnie Yen movies in one year! hopefully they'll start filming the Chen Zhen project this year and can have that out next year!!

A few news sources says the release date is Dec 19 2008 which was revealed in the Shanghai press con. It could change but looks right to me. The movie wraps up next month so theres a few months for post-production and if everything goes right, the Chen Zhen movie should also start shooting at end of year.

it's going to be a much different movie though, moving away from the revenge plot and take place much earlier in Chen's life.

shelliegal

i'm glad to read the fighting in here will be more grounded. if it's anything like prodigal son, it should be very interesting indeed. i can only take so much of wirefu.

Imdb is now listing the HK release as February of '09, which would be right around the time of Lunar New Year as initially stated, but they often get their info wrong so maybe it's still Dec. '08 (I hope so!)

David Rees

Should be an interesting film, depending f they go for facts or a jazzed up version (ala Dragon The Bruce Lee Story).

Found this interesting dvd on ebay with footage of Yip Man performing Wing Chun form and wooden dummy.Didnt know any footage existed..YIP MAN DVD

http://blog.sina.com.cn/xingyu1227

Filming of Yip Man might have ended already, according to Xing Yu on his blog, while Donnie Yen's spotted in Sichuan disaster areas, bringing 100 thousand yuan worth of stationery, bags, and raincoats for the kids as well as donating another 300 thousand yuan in the name of his daughters, giving encouragements to the kids, telling them to brace up, while Sammo Hung, Fan Siu Wong and Xing Yu showed up at press conference for a Yeung Pan Pan production Kungfu Chef starring that f4 guy and Cherrie Ying on May 31.

Img257248789.jpg

http://ent.zjol.com.cn/05ent/system/2008/06/02/009579194.shtml

2273478_073513.jpg

Archived