Invincible Armour

Righteous Master

Righteous Master

Hey, just wondering if there is a decent release of the movie Invincible Armour for purchase. All I can find on Google is Asia video and Panmedia versions. I already own the Asia Video version (OK, but not remastered)and I refuse to support Panmedia who steals from others.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

Yes, and it is also remastered. But who cares. Panmedia is flooding the market with stolen films which are priced lower than the real thing which hurts sales of legit companies and discourages good releases. I was doing some more searching and some web sites call Invincible Armour a Shaw Brothers film. Is this true? I never knew that Yuen Biao worked for SB.

it quality of boot that good you should go for it...buying one "illegal" bootleg causes as much damage as mosquito shitting to ocean.

Righteous Master

Not true. This encourages companies like Panmedia to keep stealing other companies work. Besides why would I want to hurt the genre that I love the most by taking profits away from companies that release copyrighted movies the right way? Perhaps we all (myself included) need a reminder that stealing is wrong and we should not do it or support others who do it.

it depends...if you have chance to buy legit release for fair price and from local store it is sure best choice........torrents are anyway bigger problem than bootlegs

Righteous Master

You are right about the torrents. There are way more torrents shared than bootleg DVD's out there. The difference with torrents is that there is probably a very slim chance that the person who gets the torrent ever planned on buying the DVD anyway. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

righteous master, you have a great outlook in supporting asian cinema. Its probably hard as hell to find, but you will want to go with the Vengeance Video version. Toby Russell use to run that label I believe. If you find it let us know.

Righteous Master

Thanks oldschool17, the whole bootleg and torrent issue hurts us all in the long run who love kung fu films. Thanks for the info about Vengeance Video. I will look for that version of the film. Is this a remastered and widescreen edition?

Guest FiveSwords

Thought I heard somewhere that the German DVD was the best. Haven't picked it up yet, but has been on my list for awhile. It is PAL tho. HKFlix has it back ordered.

Thanks oldschool17, the whole bootleg and torrent issue hurts us all in the long run who love kung fu films. Thanks for the info about Vengeance Video. I will look for that version of the film. Is this a remastered and widescreen edition?

not completely sure, but i believe the video asia prints come from this print. I wanna say that the video asia has some transfer speedup issues though. I remember having this on vhs back in the day and the print was actually decent with all things considered

Righteous Master

Yeah, the Video Asia version is not that bad. I own that one. Just wanted a remastered version though. Thanks for all the info guys.

If you can find it grab a copy of the 'megabit' version. I picked mine up in the UK years ago and now it's as rare as rocking horse shit!

The German DVD is very nice also. A Great quality print, widescreen, English dubbed and also has the original soundtrack but unfortuantely with no English Subs.

Archived