About Lovers Blades and Thunderclap. Anyone seen those?

thundered mantis

thundered mantis

From the films that are not gonna be released, those two seem among the most promising, kung fu wise. Would you say they are worth seeking? The cast from both is great, but, does it translate into some quality kung?

Thanks in advance and happy christmas/hanukah/end of the year/end of IVL´s releases for everyone! :P

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

I've got Lovers Blades but have only watched some of the end fight which looks pretty damn good, might watch it all over Christmas

From the films that are not gonna be released, those two seem among the most promising, kung fu wise. Would you say they are worth seeking? The cast from both is great, but, does it translate into some quality kung?

Thanks in advance and happy christmas/hanukah/end of the year/end of IVL´s releases for everyone! :P

Both are worth adding to collection.

Good Kung Fu...:D

P/S add To Kill a Mastermind to your sad list, I already have it on mine.

And Merry Christmas to you.....

thundered mantis

Thanks ironfistedmonk and WhiteTiger1!

To Kill a Mastermind, Hong Kong Godfather and I´ll Finally Knock I already got, courtesy of fandom members :D So it´s Lovers Blades, Thunderclap and Ghosts Galore to try to get.

Anyway, I hope we can see the six of them remastered and released soon by another company. The non released films are more needed by us the fans that rereleases of IVL-Celestial DVDs, even if the rereleases mean good improvement (progressive transfer, mono, original english dub, juicy extras, etc.). The still non released films must take precedence!

I wouldn't say Lover's Blades is good, but I like it. It's the same for me liking Weird Man but I don't think it's good. I really like Lu Chun Ku, Hsu Hsia, Wang Lung Wei, Meng Yuan Man, Kuan Feng and Yuen Tak. The action is superb. It's one of Lu Chun Ku's only other kung fu pictures at Shaw. The rest were wu xia pictures.

The movie itself is rather annoying and the comedy isn't funny.

Hsu Hsia came up with some smokin' action for this. He made Ying Hung and Candy Wen look like a million bucks without having to be doubled.

I can't speak to telling anyone to get it as I have personal interests in it and can overlook the fact that it's not good or whatever.

I only have a VHS rip of Lovers Blades, with embedded English subtitles and Korean subs over them, so it's a little hard to follow.  I definitely need an upgraded version, and don't remember this movie that much, save for some great action scenes.

As for Thunderclap, I have the bootleg version floating around (need an upgrade for this as well); quality isn't too bad.  I enjoyed the fight scenes (some under cranking, but I've seen worse), and the story moves along ok.  A version with easier to read subs would definitely help though.

Archived