Shaw Brothers Image Gallery (Some nudity)

venoms5

I see your post now. I've still got some pics left to post. I didn't get one with Robert Tai. He's at the beginning. He plays one of the gang members masquerading as a good guy. He has no lines but kills a few guys before being killed himself. This dvd isn't yet OOP if anyone's interested in it.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pdvd044gi8.png

By venoms5 at 2008-01-08

I'm a bit disatisfied with some of these pics. I thought I'd gotten rid of the blurry ones and it seems I have deleted the wrong pics for a couple of them. If I go back and redo them, I'll snag one of Robert Tai.

Morgoth Bauglir
The second is Wang Ping and the guy from DREADNAUGHT who went to see Wong Fei Hung with some pains in his shoulder or something like that. I've seen him in dozens of movies but don't know his name. Maybe he's one you're asking about. The bottom one (as you probably already know) is Tsai Hung and Lu Feng. Wei Pai is in another pic also.

The guy who Wang Ping (I know him as Wong Ching) kills in the second pic is named San Kwai. He is probably best known for him hunchback role in Buddhist fist. You are right he is in dozens upon dozens of movies. Great character actor, but he probably just dies real quick in this movie, just like he does in a lot of movies.

My bad, I just noticed in your review that you said it is Tsui Hung. I get mixed up with Mandarin and cantonese names.

I always use the Mandarin name or what is on the film print to avoid confusion. On a rare occasion I'll use the Canto pronunciation.

I'm gonna try and watch THE IMPOSTER tonight. It's got Chen Kuan Tai (as a bad guy) and David Chiang as a master of disguise and a number of other Chang Cheh regulars.

Morgoth Bauglir

Nice and bloody. Looks good. That is a nice pic of Tung Li there (2nd to last). How big of a role does he have?

Not too big. He is more of a supporting role but he figures into the final battle only to a slightly lesser extent to the four main fighters. He gets to kill lots of people if that's what you want to know.:D Some odd choices for heroes and villains in this one.

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks for the info. He didn't have too many big roles in his career. I remember he was good in Snake Crane Secret.

He looked like he'd make a good villain. I can't remember him playing one at the moment. Also Chao Hsiung was quite good in his two lead roles AMBUSH and GOLDEN LION at least to me even though he seems suited best to playing bad guys. A shame his career didn't take off.

Archived