Revenge of the Shaolin Master

gfanikf

Can anyone name a movie that Yuen Woo Ping is involved in that contains nothing less than superb action choreography? The man’s name was in the 70s Kung fu movie boom synonymous with great martial arts action, and now there is no difference. This reviewer, as a great fan of Yuen and his brothers Yuen Cheung Yan, Yuen Hsin Yee and Yuen Yat Chor, was very surprised and pleased to find out about the film Revenge of the Shaolin Master. A 1978 Taiwanese production, its fight choreographers are credited as Yuen Woo Ping and Yuen Cheung Yan. While this is not surprising in itself as at the time the two brothers were working in Taiwan and Hong Kong together as a team, the main actor cast as lead certainly is. This is none other than Dorian Tan Tao Liang (aka Delon Tan, Delom Tan and my fave variation Delon Tanners) one of the most well-regarded kickers and indeed Martial Artists ever to grace the screen. Tan was peaking at this time, dividing it between Taiwanese and Hong Kong productions, with other classics such as The Hot, The Cool and the Vicious and The Himalayan. The Yuen clan, though yet to begin work on Woo Ping directed movies, were proving their action directing and stuntmen talents to all and sundry with movies such as Born Invincible and Broken Oath. The pairing of choreographers and star set me salivating, and to my fellow Kung Fu movie cohorts I am pleased to say: This one don’t disappoint.

The Full Review

http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/12/revenge-of-shaolin-master-by-martin.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gfanikf

• Cognoscente