Kung Fu Cook? Any good?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I saw Videoasia has a Jackie Chan 4-pack out, except only Killer Meteors has Jackie in it, and the other Jackie movie looks to be that half assed Jackie doc that shows fight scenes from his Lo Wei days.

anyways, is Kung Fu Cook any good? does Bolo have some good fights? Are there any good fights at all?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This the one that has Bruce Tong in it? BT was an old CC regular from the 70s but then seemed to disappear after the V-boys took charge.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah, hkcinemagic says Bruce Tong, Bolo, Yuen Mo, Chin Ti, Kong Do and Chan Lau are in it. Have you seen it?

ironfistedmonk

It's not too bad mate, worth checking out if you have the chance. The story is nothing ground breaking and with Chan Lau in it you know you are gonna get some bad comedy but you get a rare chance to see Bruce Tong in a lead role and Bolo is always worth watching IMO, I love his no looking style in his old skool movies

Yeah, hkcinemagic says Bruce Tong, Bolo, Yuen Mo, Chin Ti, Kong Do and Chan Lau are in it. Have you seen it?
Seen it, I believe but don't have it in my collection.

Maybe saw it elsewehere.

Would like to get it though as I always liked Bruce Tong.

Morgoth Bauglir

I just watched it, and Cheung Lik and Bolo have a fight at the start of the movie! Lik looks pretty awesome, but the fight is way too short. You have to wait until the end of the movie to see the other good fight. It is a pole fight between Bolo and an old master and it gets really weird. Strobe lights come on and the old guy is doing flips and stuff. He gets beat, and then Bruce TOng does some drunken style. And Bruce Tong does a really weird dance that even Carlton of Fresh Prince of Bel Air would call weird. Crazy stuff. I don't know who the old guy is in this fight, but he has some really good acrobatics and is a good fighter. This movie is horrible, but I enjoyed some of it. I give it a rating of 1/5. If you are a Bruce Tong fan, I recommend watching Fist of Fury 3 rather than Kung Fu Cook. Both are bad, but FOF 3 is a little better.

BTW, this is what the back of the DVD case says- "A super rare production. When Jackie hit it big producers were desperate to get anything with his name so they hired his dad. Mr. chan makes his feature film debut as a cook which was his job in real life." Is there any chance this is true? If Jackie's dad is in the movie I don't think he plays a cook, but there is an old guy who has a very small part in the movie.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah maybe I should have given it a 1.5/5, but I was really disappointed with the fights. Bruce Tong is pretty muscular, so the movie has that going for it:p

Archived