Name your Favorite Drunken Kung Fu Movies

WhiteTiger1

DRUNKEN MASTER 1&2

DANCE OF THE DRUNKEN MANTIS

WORLD OF DRUNKEN MASTER

Here's a few that come to mind, add your favorites.

And thanks for all responses..:)

• Like 2

Morgoth Bauglir

Hau Chiu Sing does a pretty awesome drunken style in Snake in the Monkey's shadow. and Chang Shan pulls out the drunken sword style in Shaolin Temple Strikes Back. YEllow River fighter also has a nice drunken scene.

• Like 3

yup,teacher does it...not exactly my fav film but fight scenes are well-made+it`s always enjoyable to watch student tries in vain:p to get accepted learning his masters style.

• Like 1

Righteous Master

Gotta say Drunken Master is (in my opinion)best of the best. I have only been really seriously been into Kung Fu movies now for several months. Once I watch more of them I may have another opinion. I just finished watching Dance of the Drunken Mantis today and felt that this was pretty good though.

• Like 2

the bad guy in Martial Arts of Shaolin Temple (forgot his name, same guy that played the lead in Yellow River Fighter) has a nice drunken sword as well if i remember correctly

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

My faves are Drunken Master 1 and 2, Lau Kar Leung also performed a great Drunken Boxing fight against Gordon liu's buddies in his cameo from Shaolin Challenges Ninja.

• Like 2

World of Drunken Master was one of my favorites with Lee I-Min.

Also liked Story of Drunken Master (aka Drunken Fist Boxing) with Simon Yuen, Casanova Wong, and Sharon Yang Pan-Pan against Yen Shi-Kwan.

Shaolin Drunken Monk was good too IMO. Wished I knew who was the superkicking henchman of the main villain. Will have to watch the tape again.

As mentioned already, love Drunken Master 1 and 2, but was disappointed in Drunken Master 3. If anyone saw this, IMO the lead villain looks like a Justin Timberlake-wannabe LMAO

• Like 2

Drunken Tai Chi-Donnie Yen-student & Cheung-Yan Yuen-Master

have not watched in a while.I remember it being fairly good but can't remember if it had drunken style, another one I need to watch again.

Magnificent Butcher-Sammo Hung. I believe has drunken style. And I loved Sammo in this one.

I remember some Drunken Monkey in Mad Monkey Kung Fu also...:cool:

• Like 2

Actually, Drunken Tai Chi is not a style in the movie.. it's just a drunk teaching Tai Chi. :)

Yeah!! Your right!! Just the name fits, not the movie...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

As mentioned already, love Drunken Master 1 and 2, but was disappointed in Drunken Master 3. If anyone saw this, IMO the lead villain looks like a Justin Timberlake-wannabe LMAO

I think that was Brad Allen's first movie.

Is that the one which includes (besides other stuff) a samurai and his sister?

Yeah i am pretty sure. I remember a samurai who had a really bad fight scene. The movie is REALLY cheesy, but has some good drunken pole.

• Like 1

Drunken Master III, also known as Drunken Master Killer was Brad Allan's first movie, but he had a small role as a patron on the bus where Willie Chi fought Simon Yam.

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid

I've never seen Drunken Master 3, is it worth watching for the fights? I imagine with Lau Kar Leung choreographing they would have to be at least good....

• Like 1

There's a really terrible, terrible film with Sammo Hung from the 90's that also features his son. I can't remember the name of it, and I really don't want to inflict the film on myself again to find out. Anyway, Sammo plays a father who is in debt and who needs to fight bare knuckle fights even though he is too old for it. His son is taken into care by a police woman.

So anyway, there's a bar fight, the only fight worth watching in the film, where Sammo does drunken boxing. So it is worth seeing if only for that scene as I don't believe Sammo has ever done drunken boxing in any other movie.

• Like 1