Fist of Legend

Righteous Master

Righteous Master

Just curious if anyone has heard any new news on the Dragon Dynasty 2 disc edition of Fist of Legend? This movie was to be released this December, but I heard that may not happen. I have not yet bought the original version because I am holding out or the 2 disc DD release.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has probably been brought up before, BUT..

Is Jet's au batido kick done without wire? I am talking about the one where Chin Siu Ho goes for his leg and Jet counters in mid air? Also, do you think he did the three finger-one hand-pushups unassisted? I also like to think he did (I know he didn't do the one arm pull-ups). It's not that I question his ability in any way, but I've always wondered, as this movie represents a peak in Jet Li's martial abilities.

I can't wait to get a decent chinese language version of FoL.

Righteous Master

Good questions. I would have to say that wire was used. Still is great though. As for the push ups, I believe that those were probably real. Re: the one arm pull ups, is it fact that these were fake? Those seem like they would be easier to do that the three finger push ups.

Three fingers pushups are waaay easier than one arm pull-ups man, unless you're a climber I guess.

I think it's assisted though because his body is too upright. That would put pretty much all the body weight on your bicep, which is a pretty tough lift. The ones I have seen who's done it use their upper back more and it looks completely different.

As for the kick, I thought it was unassisted because of the way he catches himself afterwards. Looks natural.

sonnychibaidol

If a Dragon Dynasty version of this particular Jet Li film exists, what language will it have the film in? Will it be in its original Cantonese language format with Japanese language as well or will it be a shoddy English dub.? Will it feature special features or none?

littlefuzzy
If a Dragon Dynasty version of this particular Jet Li film exists, what language will it have the film in? Will it be in its original Cantonese language format with Japanese language as well or will it be a shoddy English dub.? Will it feature special features or none?

It's already been out for a while...

It's a two disc ultimate edition, Cantonese, Mandarin, English

Bey Logan commentary

Interview with Director Gordon Chan

Interview with Chin Siu-ho

Interview with Kurata Yasuaki

Screen Fighting Seminar at the Kurata Action School

A Look at Fist of Legend w/ Brett Ratner and critic Elvis Mitchell

Deleted Scenes

Trailer Gallery

http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-fist-of-legend-dvd-dragon-dynasty-3013

Guest WuxiaFan

Best to search for a thread before starting a new one :o. Here's the main thread which should answer your questons, and them some. Happy reading.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5623&highlight=fist+of+legend

Archived