Drunken Master 2 (1994)

Guest the golden dragon

Hi, sorry if this may seem abit off topic, but can or odes anyone know where I can get view screencaps of the HK laserdisc of Drunken Master II?

I have the gold disc edition of DM 2 on Laserdisc, I can do some screen caps. Just out of interest why do you want screen caps?

Just found a dvdr of this with a German audio track.

Its running time is 102min which appears to be normal.

Anyone familiar with this print?

Blood Sword
I remember hearing that it was the hk stuntman association that had an issue with lkl's not jackie.

prolly it was jackie in the end.But I think movie looks now better than f e "drunken monkey" or "dm3"

I remember in an interview just after Rumble in the Bronx was made where Jackie claimed it was the HKSA that fired Pops, but who is the chairman??? Jackie Chan.

Still think that 1st battle with Pops is the highlight of the movie-alongside that battle at the teahouse where Jackie has the split bamboo pole to fight off untold stuntboys (something that Pops's dad Lau Jaam genuinely did in the famous battle near Lam Sai Wing's kwoon in HK's Central district)

Love this movie!

It`s boring movie with some great scenes:angel:

*fight under train and axe-gang...end did not do it for me as only time I watched this was doublebill with jet li`s my father is a hero and leg tools were better use there...

It`s boring movie with some great scenes:angel:

*fight under train and axe-gang...end did not do it for me as only time I watched this was doublebill with jet li`s my father is a hero and leg tools were better use there...

i call blasphamey! imo, this whole entire movie is awsome fight scene after awsome fight scene all leading up to a grand finale which all kung fu movies today should look at for inspiration!

i call blasphamey! imo, this whole entire movie is awsome fight scene after awsome fight scene all leading up to a grand finale which all kung fu movies today should look at for inspiration!

lollllllllll I honestly think it was nothing special but I did not like drunken master 1 that much either ( dance of drunken mantis far superior) but I might check out DM2 soon:neutral:

While I don't really enjoy the restaurant fight with the bamboo, I think the square fight and the climactic brawl are incredible. In fact, I stand by the fact that "Drunken Master 2" is a milestone for modern kung fu cinema. It was a complete return to form for Chan and, minus some lulls, I love every minute of it.

I know an opinion's an opinion, and we all tend to have different ones, but I'm blown away by the fact that someone was unimpressed by Drunken Master II. It's in my all-time top 10. And I don't mean my top 10 Hong Kong, I mean my top 10. It's right up there with Taxi Driver, Trainspotting, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for me. It's a kung fu classic. And Jackie vs. Ken Lo is probably my favorite fight scene ever. The speed, the creativity...it really doesn't get any better. It just doesn't.

I know an opinion's an opinion, and we all tend to have different ones, but I'm blown away by the fact that someone was unimpressed by Drunken Master II. It's in my all-time top 10. And I don't mean my top 10 Hong Kong, I mean my top 10. It's right up there with Taxi Driver, Trainspotting, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for me. It's a kung fu classic. And Jackie vs. Ken Lo is probably my favorite fight scene ever. The speed, the creativity...it really doesn't get any better. It just doesn't.

Exactly, DM2 is such a classic movie. I can't believe people are 'unimpressed' with this film. What's not to like? So much work went into the fights. The comedy works, the story works enough to keep you into it...I will never be bored by this movie, no matter how many times i watch.

But yeah, just my opinion though. :angel:

What a great picture. You can tell they were both having a great time working together (or so I'd like to think lol). Oh well. Lau Kar Leung did his thing with Jackie. And the outcome was some of the best onscreen kung fu choreography that I have ever seen. I'm talking solely about the fight between those two. Masterfully done.

I have to agree with Fist Of Boss, tho. Other than the amazing fight sequences, this was just a mediocre martial arts-comedy. I have never been able to sit through the whole entire movie since I first watched it a long, long time ago.

What a great picture. You can tell they were both having a great time working together (or so I'd like to think lol). Oh well. Lau Kar Leung did his thing with Jackie. And the outcome was some of the best onscreen kung fu choreography that I have ever seen. I'm talking solely about the fight between those two. Masterfully done.

I have to agree with Fist Of Boss, tho. Other than the amazing fight sequences, this was just a mediocre martial arts-comedy. I have never been able to sit through the whole entire movie since I first watched it a long, long time ago.

I rewatched it today and still stand into my opinion it`s not excellent movie. Some scenes are outstanding, for example fight in marketplace was even better than I recalled...But this one does not have simon yuen or hwang jang lee who were best things in original. LKL and Ken Lo are not bad but their screen energy nowhere as strong as 2 mentioned before.

I rewatched it today and still stand into my opinion it`s not excellent movie. Some scenes are outstanding, for example fight in marketplace was even better than I recalled...But this one does not have simon yuen or hwang jang lee who were best things in original. LKL and Ken Lo are not bad but their screen energy nowhere as strong as 2 mentioned before.

I'd never associate Yuen Siu Tien with "energy."

I'd never associate Yuen Siu Tien with "energy."

Santanose makes quite a lot difference not matter what word you use...after viewing crystal fist and world of drunken masters even more obvious it`s not jackie chan who made drunken masters more than ok timewasters( he is good in snake in eagles shadow tho)...call me tasteless jc hater but even police story sucks except end fight, movie has stupid slapstick too much. Chinese comedy been done much better that in this so called "classic".