Drunken Master 2 (1994)

Guest the golden dragon

Rare ? :xd: too rare for this forum

Hey! I was saving that for this morning on my faster work computer.

JCLegend86

Stuff like this is gold!

I wish someone would release all the exclusive Jackie Japan TV specials on DVD. There must be hours of stuff like this around...

OldPangYau

Hmm... looks like it could actually just be a VERY well made bootleg with Thakral's name slapped on. I'm rather curious myself. Might buy a copy just to see how it really is :tongue: It also looks like it may have the traditional Golden Harvest export English dub on it, which I've yet to hear.

EDIT: The only other item he sells is a Green Hornet collection, but that one he admits is "not remastered". You know what, I think I might buy this and see what's really on it... curiosity is festering! After all, I don't have a Cantonese version of DMII on DVD, just on VHS.

Cheh's Boys

i actually found this in person at scarecrow video. (located in Seattle, one of the biggest video stores) They are actually pretty good at finding rare, out of print and different copies of movies. regretfully it's not on their website, which makes me think that they only got a limited amount of copies imported.

I saw it on the shelf in the new release section, but haven't heard anything about it and came here to double check before purchasing. It's most likely a boot like the other thakral but it seems to be well put together at least in packaging. will look into it further.

OldPangYau

You know me, in general, I'm VERY against buying bootlegs, especially from PanMedia/Red Sun/Douchebag Entertainment. But I find this to be a unique case. First of all, unlike "Stiller", if this is indeed a bootleg (which I'm fairly certain it is), if the details are anything to go by, the creator put a lot of time and effort into it. Second, if I had faith in Dimension actually trying to release a proper version in the future, I'd save my money to support said version. But like I said before, if all they've done with it recently is release a half-assed, scratch that, QUARTER-assed blu-ray, I've no hope for them to release a decent version.

So this is one of those VERY rare occasions I'd actually be interested in buying a bootleg if it is such. This and the "Franco Cleef Edition" of the spaghetti western The Big Gundown :tongue:

daisho2004

It does sound promising but I really hate to be the Ginny Pig and find out how it is. But the seller has to stand by his/her products or eBay can revoke there right to sell items that are not what they claim them to be. So I for one would love to get this in its original language track.

Interesting...OldPang, if you decide to buy it, let us know how it is. If not, I might pick it up!

I have a VCD of DM2 which is taken from the laser disc. It is uncut and comes with Cantonese and Mandarin tracks and English subtitles but it still looks kind of murky and faded. Still better than some of the DVDs out there though (thank you Asia Stationary Co. in Houston!).

OldPangYau

Well, I already caved and gave it a shot. The guy only has one negative bit of feedback so far compared to the good deal of positive, so I at least feel comfortable about it showing up :tongue: You all know how picky I can be when it comes to video quality (keep those Dragon Dynasty blu-rays of 36th Chamber and The Killer AWAY FROM ME!!!), so I'll be brutal and blunt about this.

If it's good, no reason in the world not to buy this bootleg. Warner Bros. clearly doesn't give a fuck about this movie (or any of their hundreds of other Hong Kong movies). Miramax not only doesn't give a fuck, they don't even exist other than as some unwanted property Disney's auctioning off, possibly to the Weinsteins. And, if the Weinsteins get Miramax again... really, what good could possibly come of that?

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Got it from Dragon Art way back when (they'd gotten it from collector Seaton Chang). I think this is from the TV program I have, been a while since I've watched it, I'll have to check. The show I have was excellent, not so much about the making of DM2 as much as it was a combo Jackie bio & day in the life of Jackie. I too wish someone could get a hold of these Japanese TV specials & release them on dvd, they'd make excellent special features on any Jackie dvd.

daisho2004

OldPangYau: As soon as you get it let us know how it is, since the Guy only has a few left, this might be a hot buy!

OldPangYau
OldPangYau: As soon as you get it let us know how it is, since the Guy only has a few left, this might be a hot buy!

I will definitely go all out when I get it :wink: