Legend of the Twin Dragons (2007)

MERCONE

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the movie condensed version of the Wing Chun series featuring Yuen Biao, Sammo Hung and Nicholas Tse. You can expect something smiliar to those Tai Seng butchered movies where it features tons of action with a very flimsy plot ex. Fist of Fury, Master of Tai Chi, Fist of Power etc. I believe their were some scenes cut out of the series due to violence that were put in this movie version. My advice is to watch the entire series and if you like it watch this for the extra footage.

When you say series I assume you are talking about TV. I am not a big fan of Martial Arts movies produced for TV, thanks for posting the reply.

If you have never seen the tv series, can you still understand this movie? I've had this movie on my shelf for a while but never got around to watching it yet.

ShaOW!linDude
If you have never seen the tv series, can you still understand this movie? I've had this movie on my shelf for a while but never got around to watching it yet.

I didn't have a problem. One thing I do like about these condensed-series-to-movie dvds is there's typically more action than stilted dialogue, though you still get some of that. But Iliked this. I thought Nicholas Tse was quite good.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, there's some wire-assisted maneuvers, but I don't remember it being a wire-fu extravaganza. I thought some of the fights were pretty good. It's not a classic, in my opinion, but I've seen way worse.

I watched this several years ago. It was moderately entertaining, the best fights being those between Yuen Biao and Gai Chun-Wah and Sammo at the end. The whole story about the main villain (one of Sammo's sons) going from a pathetic lackey to vicious crime boss was rather unconvincing.

Archived