"Today We Kill... Tomorrow We Die" 68'

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

First off, it's Tatsuya Nakadai's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!!

I'm about to watch this flick and part my ass off for the night, this film, an italian western written by Dario Argento and directed by Tonino Cervi, looks as though it's gonna be pretty entertaining. Tatsuya is the Badass bandito LOL!!! who's a ruthless and blood thirsty son of a bitch. I don't know how good it's gonna be, but I can't wait to see this Tatsuya dubbed bandito badass!

Well cheers to everyone and especially to Tatsuya for his contribution to japanese/international cinema!

Back soon...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The movie is pretty bad, and unless you found something special the bootleg of it that is going around is of very shoddy quality. Nakadai is the only good part, he does a decent turn as a crazy mexican. I think there's maybe a few nice scenes of him stabbing people. Overall, I hope you didn't pay too much for this because there are much better euro westerns starring notable japanese/chinese actors

Yes, nothing overly special but it does offer some minor entertainment value. Another in the long line of Italian MAGNIFICENT SEVEN/THE PROFESSIONALS clones. Bud Spencer is on hand and Brett Halsey does a decent enough Django impersonation.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

It really is amazing that Tatsuya Nakadai delivered such a convincing role as a no good-lo down dirty bandito... priceless stuff. The DVD is about $5 on amazon. Well worth the price. Good stuff.

What? No love for Tatsuya Nakadai. No one else wishes him a Happy Birthday? That's sad.

lol! I think you just picked the wrong movie to celebrate for him.

Here is to the greatest living Japanese actor (and my all time favorite)! Happy Birthday! I hope you have many more! Cheers!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619938/

http://www.criterion.com/asp/in_focus.asp?id=15

Kevin

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Oh, I wasn't celebrating this particular oddity for Tatsuya. I just am surprised more Tatsuya fans didn't come out and wish 'em the best.

Oh, I wasn't celebrating this particular oddity for Tatsuya. I just am surprised more Tatsuya fans didn't come out and wish 'em the best.

Ah I'm late to the party, he's my favorite actor of any time and genre, I have Inn of Evil, I think I'll give it a watch tonight in respect, time to warm up some sake;)

Archived