Do all IVL's have 1.0 mono audio?

Kung Foolery

I notice for the older ones the only info for the audio track is "dolby digital".

Do they have the orig. 1.0 mono? Or is it some 2.0 stereo remix?

And what the hell does "dual mono" mean? Thats what the Thai dvds have.

Anyway, Im getting a region free player finally, I can now get IVL's. Thats why Im askin'. Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the older ivl releases had 5.1 audio remixes and alot of them were said to be pretty horrid. IVL eventually quit that and stuck to doing mono, along with other shortcuts/lack of extras/no special "menu's", stop using dvd-9,etc.

I loved the 5.1 mixes... Because people complained it made it easier for them as an excuse to "shuffle" the rest out minus bonus features and commentaries...

Thanks for NOTHING, you know who you are...

:mad:

I loved the 5.1 mixes... Because people complained it made it easier for them as an excuse to "shuffle" the rest out minus bonus features and commentaries...

Thanks for NOTHING, you know who you are...

:mad:

Clan of the White Lotus. Check that out and let us know how much you like that 5.1remix

I'll watch COTWL again OS, just to see what you're talking about... However, I know I enjoy the mixes because I can get some usage out of my surround channels. I never said they should win awards, simply, more exciting to me than boring mono tracks.

It would be best to have a choice, and select what as a viewer you like. Lots of American releases offer this option, not all, but some.:)

Archived